Frequent BSODs on XP, event log shows event 1003

Hi guys, I'm working on a laptop for a friend of mine and am running out of ideas. He's getting BSODs with increasing regularity. The BSODs seem to be video card related, as they happen most frequently when switching between the laptop monitor and an attached LCD monitor. I had originally believed the issue to be related to his docking station (as it blue screened almost every time it was taken off), but it has recently begun to act up even without the docking station attached.

I have tried installing the latest video driver, but that had no effect.

System specs and most recent minidumps are attached.

the Event log is showing Event 1003 with each crash, and the following error:
Error code 1000007f, parameter1 00000008, parameter2 ba348d70, parameter3 00000000, parameter4 00000000.

Thanks for your help!

Attachments

• TIM-NOTEBOOK.LOG
    97.4 KB · Views: 1
  • Mini022111-01.dmp
    112 KB · Views: 1
  • Mini022011-02.dmp
    112 KB · Views: 1
Both errors are 0x0000007F: UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP
One of three types of problems occurred in kernel-mode: (1) Hardware failures. (2) Software problems. (3) A bound trap (i.e., a condition that the kernel is not allowed to have or intercept). Hardware failures are the most common cause and, of these, memory hardware failures are the most common.

Both cite the same cause: igxpmp.sys which is an Intel graphics miniport driver.

Go to the laptop's website, find the exact model page, and update the drivers from there.

Back