Frequent errors on my backup computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well the motherboard on my other computer is pretty much dead now, happened allot sooner than I expected too, and I haven't gotten very far in building my new computer, yet. (in fact I have none of the parts, yet.) So I am using my backup computer now, and I guess it is pretty old, a few years at least, but it is all I have for now. Herein lies the problem, my backup computer has been showing the 'Blue Screen of Death' 1-5 times per day, and freezing about as frequently. I only thought to bring the error codes here on the most resent occurrence, when I got two back to back, and the big problem is that if this computer dies, too, I have no computer to replace it with, at least not for a little while.
the entire message before the code is as follows:

Windows

An error has occurred. To continue:
Press Enter to return to windows, or
Press CTRL+ALT+DEL to restart your computer. If you do this,
you will lose any unsaved information in all open applications.

>>ERROR CODE HERE<<

Press any key to continue.

and the two codes I know have been in that message are:
Error: 0D: AEFD: C0040098
Error: 06: 08A7: 000016C3

This is a Windows ME computer, and the only non-standard parts are the RAM, which as far as I know are good and firmly in place, and the power supply.
It is a pretty old IBM, as I got it from a friend who had it for a few years, before he gave it to me.
Apparently it only goes up to 24bit color, which always acts weird, so I use 16 bit instead and a resolution of 1024x768, it is the built in video.
it is one of those horizontal type cases that you normally place the monitor on top of, just so you know about what it looks like.

If you want anymore info I will try to find it if I can, though you might need to inform me on where to look.

I just got four more blue-screen errors, never the same code, but same message, one I missed while grabbing my pen, because I accidentally hit [F9]
they are:
0D:3D70:C19FE1C0
0D:0100:00000000
06:0207:00000359

EDIT: ok, are any hardware parts messing up, if so, what, so I know what to toss into the dumpster tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back