Frustrated attempting to install Win 10

PhilipMoore62

As the title reads I'm frustrated with not being successful installing Windows 10 on my Laptop running
Windows 7 64 bit.

I have tried all different configurations, installing straight from the Windows box (inside Windows 7) showing up no joy.
I've gone to an alternate computer and Downloaded a USB version of the Windows 10 with no joy.
I've researched many articles and you tube videos with "things" that made the program install trying all of them and still no go.

My Windows 7 is fully updated and the OS has been authenticated through Microsoft.

The current error message I was last greeted with reads as follows:

Error code reads:
We couldn't install Windows 10
0xc1900101 - 0x30017
The installation failed in the FIRST_BOOT
phase win an error during BOOT operation.

I would greatly appreciate whatever assistance you might help me with
Thanks!
Regards goin on back to 7,

Unless you post the exact make and model of laptop it's unlikely that anyone will be able to help you with this.

Can you give a link or the full model number to identify the computer? It's clearly a 17" Acer laptop but that doesn't help much.

I'm not sure exactly what you are asking for. I don't know where I'd find a link with such info.
I'm sending along a Snipet hopefully is what you are looking for. upload_2015-8-22_13-16-21.png

Have you tried the media creation tool? Dont create media, just upgrade. Then perform a clean install in win 10 using the recovery options after upgrade if required.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10

A lot of people seem to be having luck physically removing their dvd/cd drive before the install and replacing it afterwards if the above does not work and you are running out of ideas.

You only need to remove 1 screw to do this, If you watch from 50 secs to 1.20 you will see the whole removal process, And the correct screw to remove.

Hope this helps :)

Last edited:
I had this same error your having on two computers. Ended up backing up there files. Then doing a fresh install of their OS. From there before even updating them with windows updates. I installed win 10 . With no problems. They both activated. I used the media creation tool. Made a booted disk.

Try having it connected to the internet with landline/Ethernet. When I update I disable wi fi on laptops then go for the upgrade with Ethernet plug in. I have seen a number of pc desktop's and laptop with crash loop's this solved it for me. In you'r case I would think about a bios update. I have had to do many bio's update's all of them been laptop's. Be warned make sure you have the right bio's update check it many time's could end up with paper weight if it's wrong. Use a program like Speccy or look in bio's which tell you your bios version then look on acer support to see if a update is available.

Back