FSB Drops After Suspending PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

be_patient

hey all,

here is my problem! i have recently overclocked my 4200X2. Very stable, no issues under heavy load testing. (prime95, superPI, PCMARK, MEMTEST86 and various games).

stock: 200Mhz FSB x 11 (2200Mhz)
oced: 250Mhz FSB x 11 (2750Mhz) - 4x HTT

as i said it runs beautifully, my problem is that if i go into standby, when i come out again my FSB is restored to 200Mhzx11(2200Mhz).

This is very annoying, i know that i am able to bypass this problem by hibernating instead of going into standby. I shouldn't have to do this should I?! It takes so much longer, and wastes hard drive space.

Any ideas anyone, Thanks in advance.

Specs:
4200X2 CPU
A8n32-SLI Deluxe
7900GT GPU
2GB Corsair DDR
1x160GB HDD
1x200GB HDD
Windows XP SP2.

be patient

I've already assumed that you've turned off cool n quite, but I have to ask any way. Did you turn off cool n quite? Do you have the most recent BIOS?

yes i have turned off cool and quiet. But no i have not updated my bios because i have never done it before and am pretty paranoid about it.

So you think updating the bios should help?

**edit
i have Q-Fan enabled, do you think this will matter?!

ok i decided to update my bios. it is now at 1205 which is the latest revision (besides betas).

FSB still drops to 200Mhz.

Any other ideas?!

Nope no more ideas. Qfan i believe simply speeds up or slows down your fans based on various motherboard temps. The problem would seem to be BIOS related because Windows does not control your CPU speed but you BIOS does. You may want to contact ASUS support and see if they have a different BIOS that would correct the situation. Other than that I just don't know.

I have the same problem

I have the same problem with an A8N-SLI-Deluxe mobo. I'm running a3800x2 @2.7GHz (FSB=270MHz) with no problems. I go into S3 standby and when I come out my FSB is reset to 200MHz. Weird thing is it used to work on my original mobo which was a version 1.0. The sound went out on it so I RMAd it and they've now sent me 2 version 1.1 boards that both do the same thing on returning from standby. Both of these boards have the same BIOS (which is the same as my original 1.0 version mobo). At this point I wouldn't mind having some sort of utility that allows you to adjust the FSB in Windows but I haven't been able to find one. Maybe my info may help find a cure...

Status
Not open for further replies.