Fujitsu unveils Celsius Ultra gaming rig

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jos

Last month Fujitsu made clear its intentions to compete in the high-end gaming segment, promising to craft the “fastest rig on the planet” and blurting out a bunch of vague marketing claims. Today, we have an actual name and official specs. Now calling it the fastest air-cooled gaming system around, Fujitsu has packed a 3.33GHz Intel Core i7-975 and a pair of souped-up GeForce GTX 295s running in SLI under the hood.

In addition, the new Celsius Ultra has been equipped with no less than 6 x 2GB DDR3-1333 memory modules, one 150GB Western Digital VelociRaptor HDD working at 10,000RPM and dual 1TB hard drives from Seagate, Creative Titanium X-Fi audio card, Blu-ray and DVD writer combo, and 64-bit Windows Vista Business. Lastly, the “German ultra clocking” thing apparently refers to a custom-made Fujitsu motherboard and tweaker-ready BIOS found exclusively on the Celsius Ultra.

The system is being shown off at Gamescon this week in Germany and is expected to become available for the equivalent of $5,685 when it launches in Europe sometime after the currently ongoing show.

Permalink to story.

That is possibly the most hideous looking case I've ever seen! You would think that they could at least make it aesthetically pleasing for $5.6K...
As far as the specs go, I'm not so sure they can beat Alienware, but I would be interested in seeing this thing benchmarked against one. Hell at that price you could build 3 barebones systems with very similar specs.

Absolutely nothing special about it apart from the custom motherboard and BIOS, which probably isn't better than some of the high-end motherboards you can purchase anyway.
And as Wendig0 said the case is really really lame, for that price I would want a hell of a lot better case. Not that I would ever buy this or any other high end gaming system pre built, I like to build my own systems.

BlindObject said:
Yeah, that thing looks ugly, and it really doesn't sound that fast, need moar Sli.
i think a total of four GPU's is the limit for SLI, and as the GTX 295 is actually two cards , i believe thats all they can run in SLI....okay i'll stop saying SLI. The thing looks like the air purifier my wife just bought.

I wish this site had the smiley avatars... I would be posting the puking one right now lol.... I don’t understand who would buy this, only somebody with knowledge would spend that kind of money on a computer, and at that point wouldn’t they know how to build one?

I actually like the look of the case, but I also liked the look of the commodore gaming cases before they discontinued making systems.

Looks bad, doesnt sound that amazing. For anyone that cant build their own there is the status of having bought the 5k mega pc but thats serious bucks. The custom motherboard better have a nitro button or something..

I've been building computers for the last 6 years and anyone who buys this is a fool, you could build a computer of that spec for half the price! and it would look 100% better as well, what a waste!

I wish this site had the smiley avatars... I would be posting the puking one right now lol....
I've been lobbying for a "flipping the bird" emoticon, but alas, to no avail.

You can have do it yourself smilies by typing them in also, for instance >colon ":"< >back parenthesis ")", equals the "smilie". >colon< rolleyes >colon< = "rolleyes". Note, all lower case letters, and obviously no arrows or quotation marks.

I usually type them in, as I use "No Script" in Firefox, and "googleapis", the app you need for the emoticons is disabled.

Please note, this only works in the body of the post, not in the title.

I spend a lot of money on pc stuff, but to buy a pc that would look great next to my nintendo, with the duck hunt gun and the track and field mat. WHO'S FEELING NASTALGIC.
I didnt know nintendo was in the pc market.

burty117 said:
I've been building computers for the last 6 years and anyone who buys this is a fool, you could build a computer of that spec for half the price! and it would look 100% better as well, what a waste!
What what you say is very true, there are a lot of people who have too much money and can't be bothered to build their out. It's why these boutique systems exist in the first place.

Like any so called "ultimate gaming pc" people will be laughing at it in a few years when it's an antiquated piece of trash. See the episode of The Screensavers when they built an ultimate gaming rig for example. It was a Pentium II 300 with 128MB of RAM.

Agree with previous comments. For $5000 you can build a lot better machine, and a better looking one at that. Totally pointless.
Alot of people could potentially be fooled in too buying a system like this, based on the hype and all the hight numbers, much higher then they can count to.....but for that price .. few people could afford it .
Its not that common that fools and *****s have $5000 to spend on a computer, unless they have a rich daddy...and there are still a to small of a number of those people to make it a market. After all Paris Hilton is only one person. and she can only have so many "BFF's"

makes me whant to go to Germany and attend thst show.....so i can point and laught (Cue the Simson kid)

As most of you guys here I would build the rig myself If I'd be stupid enough to want one and have a lot of cash to spare so I would get the parts from somewhere like newegg and notice that it would cost me around $4300 for approximately the same config. My point being that in the end it's not such a bad deal for someone that is crazy enough to want a computer like that in the first place and have the money for it and wouldn't care or know how to build it oneself. Probably some spoiled kid who would think a system like that would make him a better gamer and become the next Fatality. And yeah, 2 years from now it would get dumped next to last year's quad core and be replaced by the next best and ultimate gaming rig xCore 10 that can run the last crysis at 12fps more.

Now Son, Leave your Joystick Alone and Come Have Dinner...

i think a total of four GPU's is the limit for SLI, and as the GTX 295 is actually two cards , i believe thats all they can run in SLI....okay i'll stop saying SLI. The thing looks like the air purifier my wife just bought.
So, are you suggesting they gutted an air purifier, or just patent infringed on the design?
you build your PC. you not to pay 5,000+ for one!!!!!
To which the uber gamer replied, "how serious would I be about gaming, if I took off the whole half day it takes to build a computer"! :rolleyes: :stickout:

and a reply to that gamer would be...building a computer like that would at most take 1 hour. 2 hours including the installation of the OS, installation of the game, downloading th latest drivers .

UGLY doesn't do this case any justice as it is beyond ugly heck its even beyond hideous as for the spec pfft i could build better for less and it'd have windows 7 on it not vista business (yeah like thats a gamming OS, NOT!!!) maybe fujitsu need to take a few pointer from maximum PC the HP blackbird case they used in on of their builds was ultimatly hot specialy once the had it nickle plated (damn that was hot) http://www.maximumpc.com/article/pdf_archives/september_2008_dream_machine_2008

check it out i know it's 2008 but none the less its hot for then

this is the type of craps noobs buy,

like on my local craigslist, i cant beleive people buy old pentium 4 gaming rigs for 500 dollars, with 8800 gt's,

i say screw those douches preying on noobs like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back