Game FPS slows down over time

I really want some help here 'cause I have absolutely no idea.

Specs:
AMD A10-5750M APU with Radeon(tm) DH Graphics, Quad core 2.5Ghz
8G DDR3 memory
750Gig HDD, 160G full
Graphics: Radeon HD 8650G

Alright, I've never really run into this problem before. I can download a game and play it for the first day wonderfully. I start back up, and the next day the FPS is cut in half. One of these games is War Thunder, and going from an average of 30 FPS to 12 is a little painful. Starmade also had this problem. I was running 120+ FPS for a few days, then it dropped to around 20 and stayed there. (These drops happened weeks apart) This has happened with other games, but none of their drops happened at the same time. The worst part is that one a game drops, it always runs that slow and never runs any better, regardless of how many restarts, settings changes, or background programs I close. This is odd because I've never heard of a game-specific drop in performance. I should probably mention that the laptop's only about a month old. If anyone could help me with this, that would be great. Thank you.

First, we usually tell people that if this thing is still under warranty then contact seller and tell them of your issues. A10 chips are good chips.

Second, do you have a cooling pad? Heat can cause this issue.

First, we usually tell people that if this thing is still under warranty then contact seller and tell them of your issues. A10 chips are good chips.

Second, do you have a cooling pad? Heat can cause this issue.

Actually, disabling HP coolsense seems to have solved it. Not sure why though...

That makes sense because Coolsense is designed to regulate cpu heat and gaming will cause significant heat temps. Often third party additions like this can cause these types of issues. Thanks for getting back to us and make sure you have good ventilation and a good cooling pad.

Back