Game won't run, not recognizing a codec

Dhakos

Hey all

I've been trying to install and play a windows 98 game, on my XP computer it worked no trouble at all, however the only reason it isn't working on my vista computer, is because it says I need to have this indeo codec installed, thats fair enough, but it gives me the option to install it when installing the game, but then says I don't need to because I have a better version.

So long story short, I have a better version of this codec than the one the game requires, but because of that, it says I need to install the version the game needs... well, I'd rather not have to downgrade a (from what I can tell) very important codec.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can make the game ignore that I don't have specifically "V.5.03" and just run anyway?

Many Thanks

You could explain how you solved it - Maybe it will help someone else in the future. :)

Well, it was embarrassing... haha, y'see I've tried to run many old games in the past, and compatability mode has NEVER helped haha, but this time it worked like a charm ;)

Back