Games Freezing constantly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey folks. I am having some problems with my PC, I've has these problems for over a year now. What happens is, the game freezes for a few seconds, every couple of minutes, the music carrys on, but the screen freezes. I am running on XP Pro, AMD 2.5, 1g memory, and a ti4600.

This is a funny problem, for example: I played doom 3, and had this freezing thing happen all the time, changed nothing, installed Chronicles of Riddick, and had no problem whatsoever, even playing in high graphics. Installed RomeTW, and have this freezing thing happen every 10 seconds. I don't know what it is, I have re-installed the drivers, graphics card, sound card, Direct X, everything, and still have this issue. I can't understand what it might be, if it was a hardware problem, chronicles of riddick would have froze as well, but it didn't, so it must be a software problem. I have formatted a few times before, still got this problem regardless. Don't know what to do... I can't play any games, it's just impossible. I need your help badly! Thanks in advance.

try turning down the graphics settings within the game. You may be over-pushing your graphics card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back