Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, yea so i just got a new cpu, with the following specs :

ASUS A8N-SLI Premium mobo
AMD Athlon 64 X2 D.Core 3800+
1024mb Corsair DDR Ram 400Mhz
GeCube ATI Radeon X550 256MB DDR2
80GB Western Digital SATA Hdd

oh and the gfx card isnt on the 1st PCI-E slot, its on the 2nd one as apparently, my ATX casing metal blocks the place where i can plug my monitor cable into the gfx card port for the 1st slot, so i switched and put it on the 2nd PCI-E slot.

so got it all setup, installed Win XP Professional, installed my games, and bam, the problem came out as i was playing Warcraft III : The Frozen Throne. The gfx just become laggy and choppy kinda like the gfx card cant keep up, and it happens every time i play the game for about 40+ mins or so, even though i set all the details stuff on low, and my old Radeon 9200 SE 128mb had no problems with all settings at medium. AND, the problem stays there until i reboot my pc, and it comes back again after another 40-50mins of playing.

I thought it was the driver so i went to ATI website and got the latest ATI Catalyst Control Panel with the drivers, updated, and still having the same old problem. Tried reinstalling the game in case of software issues, and didnt help either.

Anyone got any ideas on how to fix this or what the main problem actually is? Apparently theres no problem when i play this online game called RFOnline ( Rising Force Online ) which is 3D.

If you can, open the case and check if the card is overheating. That could be the cause of the problem.
Try running the game with the case opened and see if your problem is gone.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back