Geforce 6600GT vs. Geforce 6800GS

Status
Not open for further replies.

azrael

Asus vs. MSI & Leadtek

I am about to upgrade my pc. Recently I have selected Asus Extreme N6600GT SILENCER /HTD/256MB DDR3 (128Bit), PCI-E graphic card. However, it has finished in the market and cannot be supplied in my country. I heard that MSI and Leadtek have similiar quality cards.

Can anyone tell me about performance-quality comparison of Asus vs. MSI, and Asus vs. Leadtek?

Also, these are the cards I have been offered to consider:

Leadtek: WinFast PX6800 GS TDH
WinFast PX6800 GS TDH Extreme
WinFast PX6800 Ultra TDH

MSI: NX 6800 GS - TD256E
NX 6800 Ultra - T2D256E
NX6800 GT - TD256E
NX6800 GT - T2D256E

Comparing the Asus Extreme N6600GT SILENCER /HTD, I can easily notice the Engine Clock (GPU) as better from most models in MSI & Leadtek. But the others options listed above has twice the memory interface than Asus 6600 GT Silencer/HDT

BUT, My question mainly focuses on the Quality-Performance of Asus and the other two: MSI & Leadtek.

Thank you.

Hi all,

I can't decide whether if I buy Asus Geforce6600 GT Silencer/HTD or MSI Geforce6800 GS. or Leadtek Geforce6800 GS? Can anyone help me?

I would go with the 6800GS.

It doesn't really matter what the brand is, just do a little research and
make sure it has good reviews, the company is trustworthy, etc.

One more thing, take a look at the clocks on the 2 6800gs's. See which one is higher, and the pixel pipelines too.

Forget about the 6800GS, there is a new kid on the block.

The 7600GT. About the same price (a few extra bones) and performs MUCH MUCH better.

7600 Gt...

You sure DonNagual? Because 7600 GT's has a 128 bit memory interface, although it has a higher core and memory clock rates. Have yoo seen any test results regarding the 7600 GT?

There is another new kid, the x1800gto was released on paper today. It should realy be out in a week or two. It has 256bit memory and retails for $199.00, the INQ said. It's the best card in that price range.
http://legitreviews.com/article/313/1/
http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=30210
The Inquier said:
ATI is using its well known old lams for new ones but we know that the card comes priced at $199 and it will definitely offer a nice value for the money. We can not stop loving this crazy graphic fight as it brings the prices down.
Legit Reviews said:
With specifications so close to the X1800XL the GTO performed nearly as well, which is to say it is very fast for a mid-range product. When it comes to Anti-Aliasing results the X1800 GTO will almost always show better performance and scaling due to the 256-bit bus vs. 128-bit on the Nvidia card. The ATI offerings also seem to perform better in shader intensive operations which is believed to be the direction for upcoming games. The X1800 GTO gives you the option of High Quality Anisotropic Filtering and HDR+AA. HDR performance is an important feature for upcoming titles and the GTO does very well here.

DonNagual said:
Have a look through this article which shows the 7600GT whooping some 6800GS fanny.

http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=2717&p=11
It seems to perform almost RIGHT in the middle of a 7800GT and a 6800GS.

I've been reading reviews of this card and I'm starting to really consider it. I have a 6600gt right now, and I haven't had any problems with it, but some of the newer games are starting to recommend higher. I was just going to post and see what people thought of this card. Depending on the price its selling for locally, I may sell my 6600gt to a friend who wants it and get one of these.

It seems like people are making a big deal of the 128 bit memory. The benchmarks look quite good

In this review: http://legitreviews.com/article/312/1/

It holds its own with the 1800XL and GTO, while blowing away my 6600gt

mirob, the first link you posted says that the gto will retail for 250.

At the end of that article (the same benchmarks as my link, just a different review...oops!) they say "If price were the same or you have the budget for the GTO it would be our choice, but that is a very big 'IF.'"

Too bad we can't buy it. Then we will find out who is right. Prices have always been said to be $200-$250. Anyway, it is much faster with setting on high compared to a 128 bit card, and who knows a BIOS flash my open the other pipe lines. The INQ has moles.

ATI Readies Massive Price Slash – Sources.
X-Bit labs said:
Sources also confirmed the release of the Radeon X1800 GTO for the price-range of $199 - $249 and said that the Radeon X1600 XT as well as the X1600 Pro will have recommended pricing of $149 and $109 respectively this spring.
http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/video/display/20060303052240.html

get the 7600GT, it'll be the new mainstream card heh.. the 6800GS will probably become the new budget card (just like the 6600GT was)

as for brands, well.. i like eVGA.. mainly cuz theyre usually cheaper and jsut as good (except for their loud fans, which most ppl end up changing anyway for better cooling)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back