Geforce GTX 550ti removed tiny parts

jgic2b.jpg

Hello.I really need help.
I own a GEFORCE GTX 550 Ti.
Its fan gone broke so I bought a new one.
When I removing the stuck screw of my GraphicCard, I accidentally hit and remove two tiny parts which I can't name.
So I ReAttach the removed component via taping it with ElectricTape.
I lost the other one so I get something like that from other broken GraphicCard and tape it with ElectricTape.
I test the GraphicCard without fan yet, the result, it turns ON, the PC reads the GraphicCard but restarts when the MOBO's name appears.
I can't attach the fan yet because it was under warranty and I wanna return it if my GraphicCard is broken due of this matter.
***Now the problem is, Do my beloved GEFORCE GTX 550 Ti will still work or it is permanently broken due of this two tiny component?***

I attach a photo regarding "that" two tiny parts.It's sad.Please Help.

You might as well try installing the new fan because from your description of what you did you already voided the warranty. My guess is that those tiny pieces have a function otherwise they wouldn't be there in the first place. If your graphics card doesn't work anymore, you're just going to have to buy a new one.

So I ReAttach the removed component via taping it with ElectricTape.
I lost the other one so I get something like that from other broken GraphicCard and tape it with ElectricTape.
These components have specific values that are not known without cross referencing the numbers on them. You can't mismatch just any components and expect it to work. You could be increasing/decreasing voltages, or even changing the operating frequency. And trying to tape solder components back on is introducing more problems if it does actually appear to work. Bad connections in components can introduce noise in the whole system. Noise that could be disruptive to all processing.

I could repair the component damage, but only if I knew the appropriate components to use. Without knowing the values for the components, I wouldn't even try. You knocked off two components and lost one. This creates a deli-ma, as we don't know if they were identical in value or which one was where.

My vote is the card is damaged and should not be used unless it is repaired. If your new card still has a return policy, I would do that and get a new card. You may can sell your old card as parts or non-working on Ebay. Just be honest and tell the truth of what has happened to the card.

Your 550ti is likely dead sadly as its not something that can easily be repaired when circuitry is removed. I am not positive exactly how to reattach those parts with solder or if that would work easily.

At this point its probably best you replace your GPU and return the fan.

Back