GF4 Ti4600 Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all...

I have a GeForce 4 Ti4600, and it seems that whenever my computer is doing something memory-intensive (saving/loading games, playing some games for extended durations, etc) my graphics card will stop responding. The monitor displays a 'power save mode' message, as it does when the computer is off, so I believe that the graphics card stops sending information to the monitor.

I believe my motherboard may play a part. It is an Intel D850EMV2 model. When I had a Radeon 9000 installed, the same conditions would cause severe display corruption - the screen would turn into tons of random colors.

I have tried downloading the latest chipset drivers, updating my motherboard's bios, getting the latest NVidia drivers, but nothing seems to work.

Please help...

If you seem to have a problem with any card located on the AGP slot, it could be a faulty/under-powered AGP slot. Have you tried lowering the AGP speed, disabling fast-writes & such ?

PS. Welcome to TechSpot. Hope you enjoy your stay.:wave:

powerstrip

had a similar problem with my ecs k75sa board when i upgraded to a fx5600. had always worked fine with my prophet 4500. ended up forcing 1x agp by using powerstrip. stopped it crashin everytime i played a game.its a free download and may be worth a try. good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back