Good Grief, What Time Zone is the Forum In?

captaincranky

I was reading time commensurate with my zone, (Eastern Daylight Savings Time), now my posts are registered about 5 hours later than that. Is this something, (as with most things bad), I have brought on myself, or another software "idiosyncracy"?

I remember complaining earlier about a double post due to the infamous, "server failed to respond in time" glitch. Is it possible the software understood me and is now taking its revenge....?:eek:

Hi Captaincranky, indeed the server does hold a grudge, even for long periods of time.
I think it might be because she is surrounded by many other servers so it is very noisy where she lives...

Edit: I made this post to see what posting time I get and it is "A moment ago" so that seems correct :p
No really, I'll check back in a while and see what it says, for my own record: posted: 17:41 GMT+1

Hmm, well my post does show up with the expected time.
What time do you see for my post above?

Hi Captaincranky, indeed the server does hold a grudge, even for long periods of time.
I think it might be because she is surrounded by many other servers so it is very noisy where she lives...
Well, I can certainly identify with that. I live under very similar conditions with the additional degree of difficulty that I am most likely one of the very few around me that could turn in a respectable result on a standard IQ test. However, now that we've determined the server is a she, and I being a male of the porcine variety, I would also like to suggest the possibility of PMSS! (Pre-Menstrual Server Syndrome).

Edit: I made this post to see what posting time I get and it is "A moment ago" so that seems correct :p
No really, I'll check back in a while and see what it says, for my own record: posted: 17:41 GMT+1
I'm getting 10:41 AM as the post time, so it would seem that the time zone correction factor is operating. (!) or possibly (?) (Unless of course "The Dreams" and myself are in the same time zone. Which of course, is altogether unlikely).

The problem I experienced was at 3:00 or 4:00 AM (Sunday) and posts I made shortly before were showing up as 8:xx AM, and sadly I didn't bother to check the date.]

I always walk into these threads willfully, and with the full realization that the problems I'm experiencing will either go away magically, or I will be alone in the experience thereof. Plus, no one will even stand a chance of duplicating my results.:D There is also the possibility that I am being trolled by my own browser, and it has done so in the past. (The cache was producing column display errors here at TS).

"That said, I feel better now that I've talked to someone. And I know what time I made those posts, so I'm not delusional. (I don't think)". Although the foregoing captioned statement leads me to another "site feedback suggestion", which is, why doesn't Techspot have a resident therapist?:confused:

May 12, 2013 at 9:41 AM

My local time is Central Time Zone (UTC-06:00)
I'm EDT, and that would make me UTC 05:0 OK, so "TheDreams" is floating on a barge in the Atlantic Ocean then?

Yes, I know about the Maritime Provinces of Canada and bits a pieces of South America, but my explanation is funnier.

Back