Good ol ram question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Surkitz

i currently run 2 sticks of 256 mb ddr 400 pc 3200 in my system. i know, 512?! sucks. anyways, time for a boost. my question is, since my system has been out ive seen ddr2 533/600/800 etc. im sure i cant run the latter of the afformentioned, but is it possible for me to run anything higher than ddr400 in my system? I have a gigabyte 8IPE 1000pro-G mobo. i went to crucials website and put my mobo in and it listed that i can actually have something higher than ddr400 pc3200 in my system. it only listed a few choices but im just wondering if it was detrimental to running ram outside your mobo's specs. would i be getting the benefits of running say corsair ddr2 533 pc 4800 or whatever the next step is up from pc3200?

You wouldn't be able to run ddr2 on that mobo, and i am pretty sure that ddr stops at 3200, so that would be your only option. I think a better idea would be to get another 512 or gig of ram.

I agree with Twite!!!!

Also i have found the crucial database to be accurate!! I have tested it with many different mobo's and the info it gave matched what was in the manuals!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back