Google Glass XE 12 update brings wink photos, MyGlass iOS app, YouTube, and more

Himanshu Arora

Staff

The December update for Google Glass has arrived and brought along some interesting features and much required improvements. Dubbed as XE12, the update is one of the biggest yet for Google Glass. Here is a quick roundup of what's new and improved :

Wink Photos

Google Glass is now capable of capturing photographs simply with a wink. Before today, wink photos were possible only through third party apps that required rooting of the Google eyewear. You need to go through a calibration process, that allows Glass to properly differentiate a wink from a blink, in order to setup this feature.

iOS Application

Good news for iPhone users, Google Glass is now iOS compatible. This means that users can now control Glass through an iOS app. Dubbed MyGlass, the iOS app has almost all the features of its Android counterpart. It will be available on the App store later this week.

YouTube

Till now, Glass users were unable to post videos directly to YouTube. This is no more a limitation as the XE12 update allows you to upload the videos directly to your YouTube channel from Glass. The new sharing options allow the videos to be shared as public, private or unlisted.

Play Music "Touch Menu"

You have probably heard of Google Play Music coming to Glass. What's just in is the new Play Music "Touch Menu" that allows users to navigate playlists and choose "My Stations" or "I'm Feeling Lucky Radio" to listen to radio.

Others

You'll no longer see the "Sent Through Glass" message as Google's chopped off the signature from SMS, though it'll still be appended to sent e-mails. Another feature that faced the axe is the "Guest Mode", Google says that maintaining the feature was an extra burden on developers. Just create a demo account and freely hand over Glass to your family and friends.

You can now setup a screen lock to prevent others from using your Glass whenever the device is deactivated or is off your head. Photo Sharing, SMS and text chat can now be done through Hangouts. If that isn't enough, you can now query Glass even for your calorific intake. Try "ok glass, google 'how many calories in a banana?".

Permalink to story.

Microchipped population! Whatever your think of the man, David Icke's prediction is coming true!! Human robots... in the words of Kraftwerk, Die Mensch Machine...Halb Wesen....Halb Ding! Google are trying to steal your soul and your senses and they will achieve it as long as the human race bows down and worships "consumerism." Time now to free ourselves, think for ourselves! Let technology enhance our lives, not control it!!

I agree that this application could prove extremely useful when used in the right context I.e.the medical field, particularly for the vision and hearing impaired members of society (Geordi LaForge style) but for people who just want to walk around cutting themselves off from reality with constant propagandist news feeds and adverts, think of this.... we are all telepathic and highly sentient beings, we don't need this crap! Humans possess amazing natural abilities and the manipulators of corporations know this and do not want us to connect with these abilities.The agenda of the media is to "distract them at all costs and make them pay for it not once but by perpetual subscription."

To quote Morpheus' classic line from the prophetic movie The Matrix; "This is your last chance. After this, there is no turning back. You take the blue pill - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill - you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes."

I took the "red pill" about 15 years ago and never looked back. Once you wake up to reality you can see the bigger picture and how things really work. The real conspiracy is our current reality, the holographic computer program we are living in. Quantum science is just on the cusp of realizing this concept.

Good luck Google Glass wearers, I send my love and light and a red pill to you!

Boy oh boy, Google are really punting this turd but you've gotta give them kudos for being brave enough to attempt it in the 1st place. No doubt it'll appeal to some but it'll most likely die a ignominious death.

Back