Got latest hardware but still can't play high end games like ME3 or Crysis 2

Samwise

I have got fx 8150 processor and hd 6670 gpu but still can't run high end games like ME3 and crysis2....even deus ex human revolution stooped running after 6th level!!.......when I checked the requirements my configuration was more than suffice!...plaese any suggestions??....should I call up the manufacturer as its only a month old?

The 6670 is really a weak card for a game like Crysis 2... though it should fare a bit better with ME3. I think DEHR falls somewhere in the middle. Your GPU is your likely bottleneck on that system.

it was worse with ME3(Mass Effect!)......crysis2 though started up but just went alll black after 5 minutes of gameplay....though I still couldn't understand it was able to run Battlefield 3 without any problem!.....is t some sort of only amd games supported as Battlefield3 is supperted by amd graphics??.....any suggestions on how to deal with this??

Can you list the rest of your specs? Please be manufacturer specific if possible.
Motherboard:
Ram:
PSU:
Windows Version:

Motherboard-Gigabyte GA 970A DS3
Ram-4gb(physical RAM-3.42GB) transcend
PSU:don't remember but it was a decnt one though!....just assembled my PC a month back!
Windows Version:windows 7 ultimate(32 bit)
The only drawback I could find is that temporarily I plugged in an external hdd as an internal one....so got a reduced rate of data retrival.....could this be the reason??

As long as the game isn't installed on that external drive it wont cause an issue. PSU is safe to say over 500 watts and name brand?

In game settings, are they as high as they go or somewhere near the middle? Depending on the game this could have a big impact on the frame rate of the game and temperature of your components. Which next question, the 6670 isn't one of those fan-less editions is it? And what kind of case fan setup do you have?

Also check your resource usage in task manager, more specific your memory usage, 4GB (3.4GB Usable) should be alright but if there's a lot running in the background it could be an issue.

the PSU probably 640 watt or something(hold on the page for few more mins...opening up my cpu)......game settings for ME3 didn't changed any...set as default!....for crysis 2....right click->prop.->compatibility->ticked on everything once n tried....no change!!....n restarted my pc to make sure no back programs were running!

got it.....the gpu is sapphire series AMD...n got a nice big cased fan over it.......the psu n cabinet is a cooler master one....product no.-RS-350-PSAR-13....seems its 350 watt as there is a big 350 written over it

got it.....the gpu is sapphire series AMD...n got a nice big cased fan over it.......the psu n cabinet is a cooler master one....product no.-RS-350-PSAR-13....seems its 350 watt as there is a big 350 written over it

That's very possibly your problem, the PSU doesn't have enough power for the system. That would be the first place I'd start with replacing components, go for at least 500 watts. Explains why it works and then stops after a couple minutes of game play in those circumstances. Sans videocard that PSU would be just comfortable with your system, the video card puts it over its sustainable capacity.

but battlefield 3 worked just fine even at highest settings??.....any thoughts about how battlefield 3 worked out so smoothly??...tht would be a great help!
n its a cooler master elite 310 with 350 w psu

The way it uses the CPU, might be using slightly less power and the PSU can handle it. The problem with your situation is your right on the limit of what the unit can handle, with the information you've provided that's all I can come up with. Can't explain why battlefield runs the way it runs, sorry.

If your on a budget the Coolermaster Extreme Power Plus 500 watt is a solid unit, if you can spend a little more and plan on upgrading your video card in the next year or so I'd go with something 650 watt, GX650 again by Coolermaster is a good choice. There's a lot out there, good deal on a Corsair 650, anything Corsair, Silverstone, Antec, OCZ over 500 watts would be adequate for your system. Try to buy local if possible in case a return is necessary.

yup...I also thought to go for corsair or cooler master 650(should buy better once n for all!!..:))...thanks fr ur tym!

wow...how is that computer still alive? -my 550W PSU overheated literally blew (and also destroyed the mobo) when I was playing STALKEL Clear Sky and I "lower" specs than you have...

probably because I keep it out in the open....n also the cabinet is from cooler master(2 external fans) n also the motherboard has got temprature control!....but still guess its time to change before mine also blows up!!

Yup, I strongly recommend an upgrade...I got a new OCZ 700W PSU with cable managemet :)
btw...my mobo semi-works, I can boot the comp but I get loads of random BSODs so I have disabled loads of stuff and features (in the BIOS) and also removed my OC :( but I still get random BSODs and most of my USB ports are dead also O_o

thats seems really messed up!!.....haven't seen such condition since my last PC(which got all corrupted!).....nyways....I m gonna try the games after changing my psu n hope they work or I m gonna bang that gpu on the retailers head!!..:mad:

Back