GPU & CPU Usage Drops & Bios Changing it self

Okay so my computer is manly for playing games, but I've been having a problem for quite some time that I can't seem to be able to fix.
During gameplay at some points, totally randomly I start to have huge freezes, both CPU and GPU usage drop insanely, and following same do the fans, this usually happens for 1 or 2 minutes, sometimes even longer, a simple relog from the game fixes it. This also happens if let's say.. I go AFK from my game about 5 minutes or so, when I come back it's freezing ALOT.

I looked further into trying to fix this problem, I tried almost everything, until I had the idea to check my bios since I had previously overclocked my CPU (not overclocked atm) and surprise for me when I did a bios reset for default settings, this is what I saw:

http://postimg.org/image/4eoejxdyv/

That is changed by itself every boot.
And that is what is causing my GPU and CPU usage drops, I have no idea why that is changing by itself, at first I though it was AI Suite software from Asus that I had used before to overclock my CPU, but even with that uninstalled, it is happening.

I also thought about reinstalling my windows, but I would rather wait for Windows 10 to go public.

My Specs:

- Windows 8.1 Pro - 64 Bit
- Evga Supernova Nex650G 80+ Gold
- Asus Z87-Pro Socket 1150
- Intel Core i7 4770k 3.50ghz (3.9Ghz Turbo)
- Corsair Hydro H60 (2013)
- Gigabyte Windforce R9 280X 3GB GDDR5
- 8GB G.Skill Ripjaw-X 1600Mhz DDR3 (Dual)

PS: All drivers and software are always updated.

Have you tried changing the cmos battery? The bios will not hold settings if the battery is bad.

Last edited:
What Cobalt006 said. The CMOS battery was the first thing that came to my mind when I read of your problem. If after changing it out but the problem persists then I suggest testing your power supply.

Back