GPU upgrade - buy now or wait till next generation?

M

MrBlkfx1

Hey Guys,
I've recently began to feel my cards performance start to die down in modern games. I'm currently a running pair of OC'd HD 6950's. While, the cards are still good and maintain decent FPS in most games. I am starting to dip below desired FPS when running max settings in new games. So, my question to you guys is: Should I buy now or wait for the next generation which seems to be right around the corner.

If I were to buy now, I would be looking at either a pair of GTX 670's or HD 7950's.
My Gaming resolution: 1920x1080p
Games: FC3,Hitman Absolution, AC3, Rift and Sleeping Dogs.

All suggestions are appreciated!

I wouldn't classify Q2 13 as right around the corner... and that's just AMD. I doubt we'll see anything from Nvidia until the second half of 2013, the 680 was only released in March this year. If it's the case that AMD are again earlier to the party with no competition from Nvidia we'll probably see the same sky high pricing as the 7970 ($550/£420). Considering how great value the 7950's are right now, I'd say go for a pair of those.

I wouldn't classify Q2 13 as right around the corner... and that's just AMD. I doubt we'll see anything from Nvidia until the second half of 2013, the 680 was only released in March this year. If it's the case that AMD are again earlier to the party with no competition from Nvidia we'll probably see the same sky high pricing as the 7970 ($550/£420). Considering how great value the 7950's are right now, I'd say go for a pair of those.

Ehh, yeah, I guess it just seems that way to me, because it's already practically 2013. Thanks for your input! I will probably dish out the cash for 2 HD 7950 Boost cards.

Eh ive really got my doubts about that seeing that the leak information of the new radeons have been posted they seem to be very sick if u actualy wait abit more u might actually get more into future proof but I can tell u 2 radeon 7950 Boost cards are good enough for a few years

2 6950s in crossfire and your having problems that would be equal to a 7970 performance wise and if you unlocked them to 6970s the performance would go up from there.

I can play all the games you put on here at full tilt on 2 gtx 470s in sli. I would think our cards are around the same performance wise except mine are OC to 800Mhz core.

Back