Graphic card broken

Status
Not open for further replies.

giftig450

hi i have an acer 5920g, with an nvidia 8600m with windows 7, a few weeks ago i was playing batifield 2 and my laptop crashed, upon restarting the laptop the screen had lines down the screen and would not start any games or complex images such as in i tunes with the artwork, i have used system restore, and updated he drivers, i have also payed for a brand new anti virus and completed a full scan, somtimes the laptop will restart in the most basic colour settings i have ever seen and this usually happens after i have reinstalled the latest drivers nd restarted the system, device manager comes up with error code 3 if that helps at all, i have no idea if the card itself is broken or if there is som ther underlying problem, but i would be very grateful for any mor ideas

??

the 8600m is notorious for overheating and then dying. unfortunately there may be little you can do as far as replacement goes. with some laptops you can replace mobile GPUs but on 90% you cannot. if the computer is still covered under warranty i would consult the paperwork that was included with the sale for replacement options or service. lines down the screen are usually a key indicator that the GPU or screen is malfunctioning; should be replaced.

Well there are a variety of ways to figger out how it is "broken"

It may have become disconnected, or the drivers became corrupted, or a myriad of other things.

I would uninstall what you have, then reboot and attempt to rinstall.

What is listed in the Device Manager (Start->Control Panel->System->Hardware->Device Manager?
Is there a red, yellow, or gray marker by the ethernet settings?

Uninstall there in the Device manager by a right click.
Uninstall in the Program Manager
Then download a new driver,
Then reboot,
and attempt to reinstall it

Good luck

no markers by the ethernet settings, had some trouble reinstalling any drivers, it said they had not installed correctley and after rebooting the lines down the screen have gone but the laptop will still not run any games etc, after checking device manager the driver i just uninstalled is back again and the NVIDIA one has not taken,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back