GTA Online's next major expansion lands next month, here's what we know so far

Shawn Knight

Staff member

Rockstar Games on Friday announced a new expansion for GTA Online, the multiplayer component of the wildly successful Grand Theft Auto V. Fans of the game’s online capers will be happy to learn that the new DLC will be one of the biggest and deepest updates to date.

As the name suggests, Further Adventures in Finance and Felony tasks players with continuing their mission to become the ultimate crime boss of Los Santos and Blaine County.

Specifically, the new DLC bumps players up the corporate ladder as they work to expand their organization and become the CEO of their own criminal enterprise. New perks include a high-rise headquarters and a non-descript warehouse, presumably to store all of your stolen merchandise.

The update promises all-new gameplay with plenty of new vehicles, exciting features and more.

Rockstar has come under fire as of late for essentially turning its back on the single-player campaign to focus on multiplayer expansions like this. As we learned last month, Rockstar’s approach on this subject is entirely strategic as the developer is making a killing off of DLC - to the tune of at least $500 million thus far. With that much cash coming in, it’s hard to fault the company for sticking with its cash cow.

Rockstar promises to provide more information next week when the official trailer drops. The expansion itself arrives on June 7, we’re told.

Permalink to story.

Oh I can fault them plenty ..... single player might not be as popular NOW, but who do you think put them on the map in the first place?!?!?! NO loyalty to their fans .... nope, none at all.....

Oh I can fault them plenty ..... single player might not be as popular NOW, but who do you think put them on the map in the first place?!?!?! NO loyalty to their fans .... nope, none at all.....

All I want is another top down GTA like back in the day. I vividly remember not liking the move to 3d, I thought it killed the vibe of the originals. I think that Rockstar STILL SUCKS HARD at control and aiming mechanisms. I want to like GTA, but I don't.

Thanks to a nice team of modders we offline players can have all the dlc cars,apartments and guns.
So Rockstar can add stuff online,there are people out there that fix their mistakes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hopefully it isn't as tedious as a grind as it is just to get a yacht. The grindier it gets the less appeal it has for me. I like the grind, but I don't like a grind that will take me months to complete with a reasonable amount of time put in.

Multiplayer? I guess that counts me out of excited players. I've had the game installed on my PC for about 6 months now and I must really get around to playing it sometime.

Multiplayer has too many hackers and most of my friends are bored with it. As it will probably be another grind or pay dlc it doesn't interest me. Everything after heists has been only about making more money for rockstar. Single player content I could pay for.

Multiplayer has too many hackers and most of my friends are bored with it. As it will probably be another grind or pay dlc it doesn't interest me. Everything after heists has been only about making more money for rockstar. Single player content I could pay for.

It's fun to play with hackers who aren't immature. Unfortunately most are just that.

I got killed by a hacker, who used fire ammo, spawned UFOs constantly all over the place, and was invisible, with no name appearing when he killed you, or would give someone else's name...

When I complained in chat that this sad case was killing people in such a manner some other morons in the server asked why I was crying about dying, when playing a game like GTA... really?? I'm the *****? How do they not see that Mr invisibles tactics are super *****?

And that is the problem, hackers, And morons. That said the money hacking is needed cause, I ain't got time to earn that lame in game currency to enjoy the games dlc but fudge am I paying £50 more on artificial cash.

So the game sits gathering dust. F U Rockstar

I got killed by a hacker, who used fire ammo, spawned UFOs constantly all over the place, and was invisible, with no name appearing when he killed you, or would give someone else's name...

When I complained in chat that this sad case was killing people in such a manner some other morons in the server asked why I was crying about dying, when playing a game like GTA... really?? I'm the *****? How do they not see that Mr invisibles tactics are super *****?

And that is the problem, hackers, And morons. That said the money hacking is needed cause, I ain't got time to earn that lame in game currency to enjoy the games dlc but fudge am I paying £50 more on artificial cash.

So the game sits gathering dust. F U Rockstar

What I tell people when they cry about hackers in Black ops 3, report and leave. No sense in crying. Find another lobby/server.

What I tell people when they cry about hackers in Black ops 3, report and leave. No sense in crying. Find another lobby/server.

... it's a game of which I don't care about. I don't cry about games. I just like the opportunity to kill my killer, like in csgo or bfbc2, even if they are way better than me that I can't, least it's a fairer fight.

But also when leaving said server with said dips**t on, it doesn't work. You have to quit and reload the game or you're forever reminded that morons exist as their spawned objects love to travel with you. I dragged all the UFOs with me to other servers.

... it's a game of which I don't care about. I don't cry about games. I just like the opportunity to kill my killer, like in csgo or bfbc2, even if they are way better than me that I can't, least it's a fairer fight.

But also when leaving said server with said dips**t on, it doesn't work. You have to quit and reload the game or you're forever reminded that morons exist as their spawned objects love to travel with you. I dragged all the UFOs with me to other servers.

lol so you cried, and made yourself a target. The only time they messed with me what when I started cussing them out myself. Since then, I just go seek them out and say funny stuff, or ask them to do something fun. Quite literally. Also, more people hack in those games than you think as well. You may want to consider going over to consoles. lol

Back