GTX 260 in SLI getting no signal to monitor

Pheryllt

My computer specs are as follows

12gb DDR3 corsair RAM
Intel i7 2.6 ghz
750 gb HD
1000 watt modular PSU
2 nVidia GTX 260's running in SLI

The issue I'm having is my monitor is not receiving a signal from the graphics card, which leads me to think that the gpu is damaged. However the power to the gpu itself is working fine. I have also tried taking the cards out of SLI and just using them separately including swapping the cards places. Nothing...

I then tried removing components that may directly effect the gpu such as the ram and other peripherals, I cleaned and inspected each and replaced them into their slots, still no luck.

The only thing I have not done is remove the CPU or use compressed air to clean out the pci-e slot, I will be trying the compressed air, however I don't see it as a likely solution so I am posting for some help.

The reason I believe that it may be an issue other that my graphics is because I would think it likely that both my graphics cards would fail at the same time, especially when the computer was running just fine minuets before the monitor lost signal and powered off

I've tried various other small things such as remove the battery from the mobo, switch dvi cables, all connections tight on my modular PSU, I have had similar issues in the past, however they seemed to fix themselves faster than I was able to troubleshoot the problem.

So it may still work on its own, however unlikely. Or I have a faulty component, either my mobo, or gpu I believe are the most likely.

If anyone has any insight into my problem please post, I'm not here asking for the solution, rather to brainstorm ideas that may lead to one.

Thanks for the help.

Have you tried switching out the monitor? Maybe its the monitor and not the computer it self. Can not hurt to try.

No, currently only have one DVI compatible monitor however I will look into either converting the connections to my gpu to VGA or hunting down another dvi monitor. Thank you

Back