GTX 560 SE and PSU question

Hi there, so I recently got a pc with a GTX 560 SE graphics card, and after experiencing some crashes started looking for the problems. My PSU is 500W and has two 12V rails, one at 15A and the other at 16A. Is this enough output for the card, or should a single rail be higher? I don't know much about combined rails, and can only find specific info on the Ti card (that is that it requires ~30A; so does that mean my PSU would even run that?).

I would say you are cutting it pretty close.

Does it crash more while gaming/gpu under load?

How old is your psu?

It crashes mainly during gaming, yeah. I don't think it has ever crashed outside a game, bar once when the game was just finished. Have also seen a problem where the monitor doesn't switch back on after screensaver/standy. The PSU (with whole machine) was purchased new around a month ago.

It certainly sounds like a psu issue. Is it possible to RMA it since its a month old?

It should be, I was just hoping to get a finger on what the cause might be, and if I'm going to need to get a better PSU. Thanks for the input. :)

[FONT=Arial]Hi Claudio_II,[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial] [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]I looked up the specification of GeForce GTX 560 Ti Graphics card from the following Link:[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial] [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]http://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-gtx-560ti/specifications[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial] [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]If you see this page you will find that there are two types of GTX 560 Ti cards the one with 448 Cores Limited Edition, requires 550 W of power supply as well as Two 6-pin connectors running from the power supply to give extra power to the graphics processor. I just want to know if you have this version of the card. If so the power supply in the machine will not be able to handle the intense graphics applications.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial] [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]The problem that you are reporting here, computer giving no video when using intense graphics, is likely to happen when the Graphics card is making maximum use of Graphics Processor and is not able to receive enough power.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial] [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]From your last reply it seems you are planning to get a better power supply. Just make a note of the Power and thermal specifications mentioned in the above link.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial] [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]Thanks & Regards
Dell_Zohaib_R
Dell Social Media Responder
[/FONT]

Back