Had Video, Now I don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

KaitenV

I just built my first system and it was working nicely until I installed my old (2002) DVD ROM drive. Now I get a plain black screen (monitor acts like the PC is off), but everything seems to be running and all the good noises are being heard.

I go all my parts from newegg, and the specs are as follows.

EVGA 256-P2-N615-TX GeForce 7600GT 256MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card - Retail

A-DATA 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model ADQVE1A16K - Retail

Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 Conroe 1.86GHz LGA 775 Processor Model BX80557E6300 - Retail

MB ECS NFORCE 570 SLIT-A V5.1 775 - Retail

POWER SUPPLY CMAX500W CR-550B BKRT - Retail

CASE ANTEC|P180B BLACK RT - Retail

I think it's the mother board, but I really don't want to wait another week-3 WEEKS for rma. -.-

more details

Symptom - no video. Last change - dvd drive added.
Undo last change. Check any connections that were disturbed.
Does video monitor display the graphic indicating no video signal? Is the monitor a crt or lcd? I distinctive sound is heard when powering on a crt monitor. Presently your problem is between the monitor & the pci graphics card. Does the mobo have integrated graphics? If so, move monitor to it. If working, then make settings to the mobo to use the pci. Believe me I had this setting flip on me one time. Shortly afterwards the bios failed.

Happy hunting

Well, it worked when my DVD drive tray was broken, but I took the drive out and pushed the tray back in so it works and that's when the problems arose. So i unplugged the PATA and Molex from it.

The monitor is CRT, but I plugged in the LCD monitor on the PC I'm using now and still blank.

I don't get the no signal graphic, I get a blank screen and the stand by light keeps flashing (should be solid).

The Graphics card goes into a PCI Express x8 slot, and I don't have onboard graphics. ='(

I have a feeling it might be the BIOs, since all my hardware seems to work fine. I heard taking out my CMOS battery would revert the settings, would you suggest this?\

MOBO: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813135026

Thanks.

I cleared my CMOS and it worked man. Thanks for mentioning BIOs, I must have gone daft
, but it takes nearly a minute.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back