Halo, no one can connect to my server?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i got a question for any computer wiz on here

ok so when i am on halo trial everything works perfectly fine, but when it comes to hosting i have problems.....no one can connect to my server i have the right internet ports and everything but it doesn't work ...what i believe the problem is, is that my ip address is a LAN ip address(ex. 192.168.1.100 ) and 192.168.1.---- is a LAN ip and i need a WAN ip address so people can connect... if u know how to help me on this plz message me at my xfire h1redh1tman or leave a post on here

any1 comon sum1 plzz

You have a router it is blocking access to your server. In order for people to connect you will need to have your routers ports configured.

When I use to host a WoW Server from my computer, I had to do multiple things for people to connect, This may or may not be the same for Halo but it's worth a try.

1. Open your Firewall ( or configure it to allow outside entry through TCP / UDP ports specific to Halo )

2. Go to your router's configuration thing, open the ports for Halo and allow TCP / UDP and add the last number in your IP adress ( say if your IP adress is 192.168.1.103 add the 103 to the IP adress ) and put a check mark

3. If it's located on a LocalHost ( 127.0.0.1 ) adress then host it on a DNS server, I don't know any good ones so maybe someone else can post about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back