Happy 4\26 to everyone!

Not a 426 Hemi! :mad: :D

But as a side note, that is a hell of a tough spark plug!
lets not take take this into a ford/dodge/Chevy war. But 480lb/ft of torque, that thing was a blast. I'll hate on your hemi(because hemi is marketing), but it makes great power and I hope you get many great years out of it.

lets not take take this into a ford/dodge/Chevy war. But 480lb/ft of torque, that thing was a blast. I'll hate on your hemi(because hemi is marketing), but it makes great power and I hope you get many great years out of it.
Yes, but I'm speaking of the old Hemi series engines. In my case the 426. Back when not every Mopar engine was called Hemi. Back then the it was a real thing, as in heads with hemispherical combustion chambers.

And really the only reason "Hemi" was specified was to keep it separate from their 426 Wedge engines. They were very different.
lets not take take this into a ford/dodge/Chevy war
I don't like the Ford\GM\Mopar wars because I have them all.
I even have a 69 AMC AMX.

BUT :D
I have a 2019 Ram 2500 with 445 ft lbs of torque so only 15 less than a 6.8 V10 plus 50 more horsepower.

I aint fraid of no Triton!

Last edited:
Yes, but I'm speaking of the old Hemi series engines. In my case the 426. Back when not every Mopar engine was called Hemi. Back then the it was a real thing, as in heads with hemispherical combustion chambers.

And really the only reason "Hemi" was specified was to keep it separate from their 426 Wedge engines. They were very different.

I don't like the Ford\GM\Mopar wars because I have them all.
I even have a 69 AMC AMX.

BUT :D
I have a 2019 Ram 2500 with 445 ft lbs of torque so only 15 less than a 6.8 V10 plus 50 more horsepower.

I aint fraid of no Triton!
I was under impression that HEMIs had to do with a hemispherical design on the piston head. The idea behind that was there was more surface area and, thus, increased efficiency on the power stroke.

I was under impression that HEMIs had to do with a hemispherical design on the piston head. The idea behind that was there was more surface area and, thus, increased efficiency on the power stroke.
And you are far from alone my friend. In fact, I have met people that thought it had to do with the cam (and I only wish I was joking.)

Here you go, man:

"The legendary powerplant got its name from an innovative feature found inside the cylinder head: the hemispherical combustion chamber."

Now I believe it is a viable argument though since the CC and the piston deck have to be matched.

And you are far from alone my friend. In fact, I have met people that thought it had to do with the cam (and I only wish I was joking.)

Here you go, man:

"The legendary powerplant got its name from an innovative feature found inside the cylinder head: the hemispherical combustion chamber."

Now I believe it is a viable argument though since the CC and the piston deck have to be matched.
I mean, there is no replacement for displacement, hemi or not

I mean, there is no replacement for displacement, hemi or not
Absolutely true. I know years ago it looked like big engines were finished because turbocharging was boosting the power range of the small engines in a lot of imports and the Mustang SVO, but we soon got the Buick 3.8 turbo v6 in the late 70s and later the 4.9 v8 in the Trans Am set things up. The Pontiac turbo v8 was a joke, but it got things going.

Absolutely true. I know years ago it looked like big engines were finished because turbocharging was boosting the power range of the small engines in a lot of imports and the Mustang SVO, but we soon got the Buick 3.8 turbo v6 in the late 70s and later the 4.9 v8 in the Trans Am set things up. The Pontiac turbo v8 was a joke, but it got things going.
my buddy stroked out a ford big block, I think it was a 658? but we dropped it in his Bronco and you watch the gas gauge go down doing 70 on the highway

I think the old technical term for that would be badass Bronco!
oh, that thing was a blast, he use to take it to the drag strip. I haven't talked to him in years, I wonder what happened to that thing. I actually think the whole project started over an argument at the bar I was making fun of his truck when I had my V10. Someone chimed in, I forget his truck but it was a v8 in the 4 liter range, but they said, "4.3, that's more like a v6 isn't it?" and he just walked away. a few years later we dropped that ~11liter big block in a bronco.

oh, that thing was a blast, he use to take it to the drag strip. I haven't talked to him in years, I wonder what happened to that thing. I actually think the whole project started over an argument at the bar I was making fun of his truck when I had my V10. Someone chimed in, I forget his truck but it was a v8 in the 4 liter range, but they said, "4.3, that's more like a v6 isn't it?" and he just walked away. a few years later we dropped that ~11liter big block in a bronco.
The craziest thing I ever did as far as a transplant was tame in comparison, although making it fit was a pain to put it mildly.
In the early 90s I bought a Ford Ranger 4X4 with a blown 4 cyl and dropped in a self built 5.0 out of a Fox body Mustang GT. It topped at 392 horsepower on the dyno at Pittsburgh Crank and while fairly tame by today's standards it had excellent power for the day.

8" total lift with 33.5x11x15 tires and a friend painted it Porsche India red.
I had it 4 years and still regret selling it. I just moved on to something else.

Back