Hard Drive Led connection?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone help please! I have an eternal enclosure, a dual 5.25 bay powered scsi enclosure and I have fitted it with a twin Ide to Firewire card, a 240gig Hdd and a multiformat dual layer DVD drive. All this is connected to my Laptop when I am at home as a backup and storage facility.

The case came fitted with 3 Leds in the front. One for power and two for Hdd lights.

How do I connect these to my Hdd and DVD drive please. All posts I've read refer to motherboard headers. This is an external Firewire encosure. HELP!?!?!?!

Modern hard drives do not have LED connectors on them. You might find a LED or a connector on the FireWire-IDE controller itself.

You can also get the activity signal from the IDE connector - it is pin/wire 39. You will need to do some soldering because connecting a LED directly to the IDE cable equals smoke.

You find some schematics and instructions here: http://www.zapwizard.com/Guides/IDE/. Scroll to the bottom for the simple solution if you don't need to separate between master and slave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back