Heating headaches

Status
Not open for further replies.
So i am running a Nvida8800GT with a Aftermarket cooler the DuoOrb... i still have heating issues and I am out of ideas of what to do, i have 5 fans running as well...

But my main concern is after the force shut down today windows refuses to start up... i can run safe mode fine, but anything else it freezes up... I am trying to do a disk defrag to see if it would help, but honestly i have no clue what to do to fix this unless i reboot windows completely, if anyone has any ideas what i can do to fix this, please help me.

EDIT:

Ok, so i got it starting up, but as soon as i try to start a program up it goes right to (not responding) I am debating if i should reboot windows completely, or downgrading it to XP...

What is the temperature range you are getting into? Unless you've got an improperly seated heatsink I doubt you'd get a freeze that quickly.

Have you updated or tried a different version of your graphics drivers? Have you checked event viewer for any errors around the time of the freezes? And finally have you checked your RAM, its an easy test with memtest, just takes time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back