Help: Black screen on my laptop!

Please help me! I was installing a game on my laptop when suddenly, the screen went black and all usb devices turned of. The computer still runs but the screen stays black with nothing on it. I have a Toshiba‑Satellite‑A105‑00. I have tried the method where i would unplug the power cable, take out battery, hold the power button for 30-60 seconds, plug back in the power cable, and turn it on, but it still is black! I heard that i might more ram on my laptop. I have 0.99 GB of ram on my laptop. and the game i was installing was Skyrim. Please help. I need am going to need my laptop in a few days for something REALLY IMPORTANT! thanks

EDIT
hey yea I fixed the problem. I just hooked the laptop to a monitor, hit fn f5. the laptop asked me how i wanted to start windows, but only on the monitor. i hit start normaly and after that a minute later i got my screen back.
heh heh

Don't have a reliable answer for a quick solution. A great many Toshiba laptops have been having video output failures. Best choice, I would think would be to pay a good tech the $35 (average) cost to see if there is a tech reason.
Alternate solution to to connect an external monitor to the video graphics socket on the back of that Toshiba. If that works, you have a temporary solution. Then have an experienced tech take a look.
It could be something as simple as restoring the video graphics driver from a Toshiba download... Fairly easy to do that if you can use an external monitor to see what you are doi9ng as you download from the Toshiba site, then attempt to install it.
Then you have to figger out what it was you did that caused this failure. You need to know that for whatever fix you attempt.

you cant play skyrim with .99gb of ram lol, you should expand to 4, depending on what your CPU and mobo can handle

Back