!!help building a gaming pc!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

neild79

can anyone tell me how much it would cost me to buy 1x amd athlon 64x2 4600 + manchester 2000mhz ht2 x512kb l2 cache socket 939 dual core cpu. im buying a couple of things every 1 or 2 weeks as i want to build my own ultimate gaming pc. i alredy have my eye on 4x 512mb corsair ddr400 pc3200 184pin ram, asus a8n sli premium socket 939 nvidia nforce4 sli atx amd motherboard, the cpu mentioned above + 2 nvidia geforce 7600gt graphics cards. would this give me a gaming pc capable of playing the newest games with the best settings + would i need anything else to make my pc, as i dont know everything i would need to make a gaming pc. if i got these parts + saved them all up until i had them all, would they fit together with no problems... i am very greatful for any help. thanks in advance

Why don't you go to a site like Newegg or ZipZoomFly and get the prices from there. That should give you enough pricing info.

Instead of 4 x 512. Just get 2 x 1GB of RAM.

Just so you know, the dual core CPU's don't have much effect in current games unless the game is written to specifically take advantage of the two cores. It may be cheaper to go with a single core, higher speed CPU.

You can get a 7900GT for the same price as two 7600GT's. Not exactly sure which is faster in today's games or which games have SLI support. Just something to think about.

Yeah I agree with JMMD, newegg it where its at. Hey JMMD how is that ZipZoomFly for grabbing prices?

2 7600GTs are more powerful than one 7900GT I think. The setup will comfortably run even highly demanding titles like Oblivion on full detail with minimal(read close to none) lag. And yeah, 2x1 GB RAM would be the best option right now, since the mobo would allow them to run in dual-channel mode, which is the optimal one. It's a good etup and everything should fit together nicely. Well done! :grinthumb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back