HELP: DVD Burner Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just purchased a DVD+-RW DVD & CD Rewritable Drive by Micro Advantage: DVD Write Speed: 16X Rewrite: 4X CD Write: 48X. It writes single and double layer.

I also got some pretty standard DVD +R's by Memorex.

I've backed up DVD's with the following programs successfully:
DVD Shrink & DVD XCopy Platinum. I've ALSO made a DVD format disk out of video files. I have the same problem no matter what:

The DVD's work perfectly fine on a PC DVD player. However, on one home DVD player, approximately 1.5-2 years old, it gives me a "disk is dirty message" when the disk is clearly not dirty. On the other, newer DVD player (top of the line sony) I get a "disk cannot be played" message. Please note that other burned DVD's work on BOTH of these DVD Players just fine.

Anyone know what's going on?

i think your player doesn't support the media maybe because of the brand.
Original dvd's do play don't they ?

Yeah, they play. I burned on a disk that can only be burned at a 4X max speed and it worked, but I can't seem to slow down the burn speed for the disks that I bought.

DVD burner problems

Hello,
I have burned a number of dvds with no problem up until yesterday. My dvd drive still reads dvds. The program that I use is Nero and just started using Roxio. What happens when I use Nero is that it would go through all the steps but then when it came to actually burning the video to the dvd it would freeze my laptop and not finish the process resulting in a dvd that I can no longer use. It happens when I use Roxio also. Right now I have 25.2 gb available. What should I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back