Help me choose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrZeto

I have been offered to buy one of two TFT monitors from work, but I can't make up my mind which one I should choose. They are brand new and comes with a 3 year warranty. I mainly play games and use photoshop. Occasionally I also watch movies and do some word processing. Here are the two screens:

21" TFT HP f2105 (1680x1050 @ 60Hz, contrast 1000:1, responsetime 8ms, 2xUSB 2.0 hub, HDTV-prepared, Picture in Picture, built in speakers)
Specs here: 21" TFT HP

24" TFT HP L2465 (1920x1200 @60Hz, contrast 1000:1, responsetime 8ms, 4xUSB 2.0 hub, pivot function)
Specs here: 24" TFT HP

So which one is the one to get and why?

Hello! Welcome to TechSpot!

DrZeto said:
24" TFT HP L2465 (1920x1200 @60Hz, contrast 1000:1, responsetime 8ms, 4xUSB 2.0 hub, pivot function)
Specs here: 24" TFT HP
So which one is the one to get and why?
Input Signal Two DVI-I (VGA analog and digital) inputs
Input Impedance 75 ohms ± 10%
Sync Input Separate sync (HSYNC/VSYNC); composite sync, Sync on Green
Video Cable VGA to DVI-I; DVI-D to DVI-D

But really it comes down to price....Bigger is.............................well biGGER!
:bounce:

I have a ViewSonic vp201m 21", similar to one listed above, and love it!
The 24" would have a cleaner 16:1 and is, well BIGGER

SOcRatEs said:
Input Signal Two DVI-I (VGA analog and digital) inputs
Input Impedance 75 ohms ± 10%
Sync Input Separate sync (HSYNC/VSYNC); composite sync, Sync on Green
Video Cable VGA to DVI-I; DVI-D to DVI-D

But really it comes down to price....Bigger is.............................well biGGER!
:bounce:

I have a ViewSonic vp201m 21", similar to one listed above, and love it!
The 24" would have a cleaner 16:1 and is, well BIGGER

Price is not an issue :) I'm sitting here at the moment with a Viewsonic P95f+ CRT and my eyes get tired after a while. It has great colours and brightness though. But I want a TFT now. So I'm looking for something as good or better than my CRT, looking at colour, brightness and contrast. It has to be sufficient for gaming as well. So is the 24" the one to choose?

DrZeto said:
I mainly play games and use photoshop. Occasionally I also watch movies and do some word processing.
Well, if you only do that, you're not going to miss builtin speakers (which would have bad sound quality anyhow) or PiP.

In addition, the 24" one would support 1920x1080 HDTV as well, the 21" doesn't.

Didou said:
Most screens available or on sale now do not support HDCP. Most VGA cards don't support it either. :p

http://www.behardware.com/articles/603-1/hdcp-the-graphic-card-and-monitor-nightmare.html

I didn't know that, that's useful information. HDTV isn't a priority anyway since we don't have it where I live. We're still broadcasting analog TV over here :haha: In 2008 they will switch over to digital TV, but I think it will be a looong time before we get any HDTV channels here. And movie wise I think Blue-Ray will get a firmer grip on the market than HD-DVD which I'll play on my standalone Blue-Ray player I'm going to have then. In the near future we're going to see holographic discs and harddrives anyway. So the 24" will only be used for playing games, watching movies (not high definition) and do some desktop publishing work. Holographic news

SOcRatEs said:
So, did we help you decide on the 24"?

Yes SOcRatEs, thanks :) I'm gonna go with the 24" one because it's bigger, and every one knows that size matters :haha:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back