Help Me Overclock My Cpu (Mobo -Asrock dual 915gl)

Status
Not open for further replies.

abhinit90

My rig is :-
p4 516
2.93 ghz
1 gb ram
geforce 6600gt
mobo:- asrock 775 dual 915gl

i cannot overclock plz help me

The Pics are :-

https://www.techspot.com/vb/attachment.php?attachmentid=14542&d=1173521458

https://www.techspot.com/vb/attachment.php?attachmentid=14543&d=1173521504

https://www.techspot.com/vb/attachment.php?attachmentid=14544&d=1173521514

https://www.techspot.com/vb/attachment.php?attachmentid=14545&d=1173521523

https://www.techspot.com/vb/attachment.php?attachmentid=14546&d=1173521537

when i change my cpu clock it doesnt have any change and cpuid and pcwizard show that it is not overclocked.

i am willing to go to any limity to be able to overclock my pc even flashing the bios if it will help.

i have even changed the dram frequency to normal but it doesnt help

Thanks

what values have you tried changing your FSB to? you may be setting it too high, causing the ASRock "Boot Failure Guard" to set it back to normal.

first, set your BIOS back to it's defaults (or clear CMOS).

then start by raising only the FSB setting, don't change anything else yet. raise it by a small amount like +5MHz. at this setting your system should boot up fine and your CPU should be overclocked to 3.03GHz (use CPU-z to verify).

raising the FSB also overclocks your RAM (use CPU-z to see what speed your RAM is running at) since you're using DDR333, it can run up to 166MHz. this should allow you enough headroom to theoretically overclock your CPU to 3.6GHz (if your CPU/system can handle it)

continue raising your FSB in small increments until your PC either refuses to boot, or the BFG sets it back to normal. once this happens, post back here and we'll help you onto the next step.

:wave:

I wouldn't suggest going any furthur than that on an Asrock motherboard....

Also, from my experience, DDR333 RAM can overclock pretty well, assuming you forked out money for one of the bigger brands. My Kingston Value RAM managed to get my 2.4ghz P4 Northwood up to 3.3ghz, which is way past DDR400 speeds. This was beat by a new pair of top end DDR550 RAM, which pushed it only by a little.

Also, this was without actually touching RAM voltage.

You probably won't reach those overclocks on that motherboard though, depending on the CPU. 20% overclock on that CPU is pretty high. You might want to overclock your RAM though, but that will not give as significant an increase compared to overclocking CPU.

And if you're gaming, overclocking the graphics card will show a higher increase.

i think in my case the fsb is named as the cpu frequency or if this is not the case then where to change my FSB

are there any other programs that can do it for me thnx

KingCody said:
what values have you tried changing your FSB to? you may be setting it too high, causing the ASRock "Boot Failure Guard" to set it back to normal.

first, set your BIOS back to it's defaults (or clear CMOS).

then start by raising only the FSB setting, don't change anything else yet. raise it by a small amount like +5MHz. at this setting your system should boot up fine and your CPU should be overclocked to 3.03GHz (use CPU-z to verify).

raising the FSB also overclocks your RAM (use CPU-z to see what speed your RAM is running at) since you're using DDR333, it can run up to 166MHz. this should allow you enough headroom to theoretically overclock your CPU to 3.6GHz (if your CPU/system can handle it)

continue raising your FSB in small increments until your PC either refuses to boot, or the BFG sets it back to normal. once this happens, post back here and we'll help you onto the next step.

:wave:
even when i change the value in bios and then log on then i notice no change by the programs mentioned before but the next time i boot i still see the settings i set them to remain as it is.but still i cannot see the overclock.

should i turn my boot failure guard to off in the bios ?

what is the function of the spread spectrum ?

changed the spread spectrum to off and it did the wonder for me.

i now run it at 3.30 Ghz but the mobo is not giving me temps.

when it was 3.20 Ghz ,the temp was around 40 C idle and around 50 C at load,are these temperatures ok

in between i was unable to overclock once again
but now again somehow i don't know i overclocked it to 3230 Mhz.

but the idle temperature is 42 C.
i know there is a sticky for the temp but i prefer personal opinion.plz reply.

Also will increasing the voltages afeect the temperature or my overclocking possibility

another problem the next time i booted all the frequencies i.e. FSB were returned to normal,anyway to counter it

Are you sure its booting properly after the overclock?

What you might be getting is the secondary BIOS kicking in, because your overclock was too high and the computer will not boot up.

Just something to think about if you can't find any other problems.

yes it is booting properly after the overclock even run the synthetic tests.

i lowered my overclock from 3.30 to 3.27 ghz and it booted without any problem

that would be good, that extra 0.03ghz shouldn't matter at all when it comes to performance.

I'd have to say that synthetic tests do not test system stability: it is possible to overclock the computer, and with enough tries, get it to sucessfully make ONE run of synthetic testing for an out-of-this-earth reading.

Mainly done by overclocking enthusiasts, especially those using LN2 to overclock, as all they are after is the highest possible benchmark points, not a faster useable computer.

I agree with CMH. I try to use all my power, I have only done 3dmark, sandra, etc to compare my brothers pc and my own. I want efficiency as well for all the games and applications I run at once.

Sometimes I wonder if you're telling the truth on your system...

All you need is just 8800gtx sli, and you've more or less have the biggest computer you can build without moving into workstation/server markets.

Its a real impressive system in any case, where'd you find time to play games on it?

CMH said:
Sometimes I wonder if you're telling the truth on your system...

All you need is just 8800gtx sli, and you've more or less have the biggest computer you can build without moving into workstation/server markets.

Its a real impressive system in any case, where'd you find time to play games on it?

aren't we drifting away frm the main topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back