Help me recover....?, Partition Deleted, Help Me Recover It

Status
Not open for further replies.

kelsmit3093

I was installing a fresh copy of Windows, when I wasnt paying attention and accidentally deleted the wrong partition(which was my full 80g hard drive that has everything on it!!). Luckily, I noticed what I had done BEFORE I formatted it. So now the partition is an unpartitioned 80g, and I installed a fresh copy of xp on the RIGHT hard drive i meant to install it on in the first place! Can anyone help me? That hard drive is very important to me, and I know there has to be a way to get it back. For right now I am leaving the unpartitioned drive alone until I get some feedback. So if anyone can help, suggest a EASY to use program, or give any support, IT WOULD BE VERY MUCH APPRECIATED! Thankyou very much!

kelsmit3093

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks for replying and giving me some input. I downloaded the program and I tried to run it, but I don't understand it at all. And am I going to have to have an extra 80gb of space on another drive in order to recover all the data? Because I don't have that space. Any help there? Thanks again! I appreciate it! :eek:

IronDuke

The answer to not enough space for the data is easy - hook up another drive. If you can't understand it then hopefully somebody else will come up with an easier solution.

Nodsu

Ranish partition manager is able to display changes to the partition table in realtime - with basic knowledge about disks and partitions you could restore the deleted entry easily.

That is i you have the knowledge or the will to research.

lukeyu

kelsmit3093 said:
I was installing a fresh copy of Windows, when I wasnt paying attention and accidentally deleted the wrong partition(which was my full 80g hard drive that has everything on it!!). Luckily, I noticed what I had done BEFORE I formatted it. So now the partition is an unpartitioned 80g, and I installed a fresh copy of xp on the RIGHT hard drive i meant to install it on in the first place! Can anyone help me? That hard drive is very important to me, and I know there has to be a way to get it back. For right now I am leaving the unpartitioned drive alone until I get some feedback. So if anyone can help, suggest a EASY to use program, or give any support, IT WOULD BE VERY MUCH APPRECIATED! Thankyou very much!
Greetings,
You can try data recovery software: Partition Table Doctor
These tools helped me, so give it a try. Really awesome soft!

http://www.ptdd.com

Samstoned

I don't know if paragon PM will help with a 3rd party recovery ,but worth a mention.
you will need a 80 gb space to get back data

Rick

Active@Partition Recovery is a great utility which (from my experiences) can always repair this kind of problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.