Help with 0X40000080 Blue Screen Error

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been getting the 0X40000080 blue screen error lately, and was hoping I might get some help with narrowing down the cause of the problem. I can't think of anything that has changed on my computer recently.

I have run virus scans with AVG Free and SDFix, checked operating temperatures with SpeedFan, run a memory diagnostic with Memtest86, run a windows hard drive diagnostic, and updated my video card drivers, to no avail.

I've attached a few of the minidumps if that helps - I'm not quite sure how to read them myself. Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

My Computer:
Windows XP Pro/service pack 3
Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 Wolfdale 3.16GHz
GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3R LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard
Western Digital Caviar GP WD7500AACS 750GB hard drive
SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 4870 video card
CORSAIR 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800

All four of your minidumps cite the same error code of 0x00000080: NMI_HARDWARE_FAILURE and it is defined as...

This general indication of a hardware failure is often quite difficult to pin down. Follow usual hardware troubleshooting protocols, in particular: Roll-back any recent hardware or driver changes; ensure that RAM sticks are matched and undamaged; check for viruses or hard drive damage; run ChkDsk to identify file system problems; ensure that all connections are sound inside the computer and all cards well-seated. In tough cases you may need to consult a professional shop for hardware diagnosis and repair.
How to Troubleshoot a STOP

The good news is all four minidumps were definitive as to the culprit and it is the Realtek NIC driver Rtenicxp.sys.

There is a good chance that the NIC card itself is the issue, but first try updating your NIC drivers.

Thanks for the responses - sorry for my late reply.

I haven't had a crash in the last couple days since updating the NIC driver (it was happening at least once a day before), so hopefully that did the trick. Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back