Help with Blue screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

killu

helo i once got rly good help from you guys and i'm afraid i need it again

its started to pop up again yestrday and i can't stop it pls help i'll give you my mini dumps. pls try to help me as fast as possible because i need my computer for collage and its rly anoying

Thx

You really don't tell us when these BSODs occur. Are they random, when accessing the 'net, etc.?

Try the following: a) uninstall uTorrent and see if that brings stability or b) update your NIC drivers.

Started happening 2 day ago. It crashed 3 times and i gave you all 3 minidumps. What did the minidump say? yeah i used the u torrent when that happend and it was hucked up on a WD external disk My Book but i used it for at least 4 months befour as well and it didn't happen. I once had the same problem and that time it was the intel wireless card. but i updated the drivers already and it worked fine.

But ok i'll try that things. Just would help if i knew if its utorrent or drivers. And what are NIC drivers
Thx

Your minidumps simply cited the Windows OS driver afd.sys as the cause and most of the time OS drivers are too general to be of much help.

In all the minidumps the uTorrent.exe was cited under Process_Name and thus the suggestion to uninstall and see if that helps.

Also, afd.sys is part of the Windows Winsock which is a technical specification that defines how Windows network software should access network services, especially TCP/IP.

Thus my suggestion to try updating your drivers for your network Interface Card (NIC).

Have you scanned for infections?

true that the blue screen comes only on when utorrent is up or at least it did till now. i have the newest nod32 on my computer and it did report that it protected my omputer from a virus that day but it said it protected and it didn't find any viruses since then i have a daily scan on so... and as far as i know viruses are normaly not the problem for blue screens.

But yeah i'll try it. Any chance the wireless card drivers are bugging again?

And its strange because i didn't modifie anything on my computer to make the blue screen come and yet it did.

NOD32 is a great security softeware. I still run their version 2.7 and when its time runs out I'll upgrade to version 4.0. By that time the kinks should be worked out. version 3.0 is very stable.

If you want to explore NOD32 even further I suggest going to official ESET forums (makesrs of NOD32) called the Wilders Security Forums. Great place and perhaps the new NOD32 is having issues with uTorrent or your wireless drivers.

* Anyway, its a a very good chance your wireless drivers are causing the issues. Since thay have "bugged out" before there is a good chance they are again and need updated ones to work with NOD32.

Try updating those drivers.

Updated drivers and a nother blue screen came here are the minidumps if it vill help anything

hope these 2 will help a bit more then the previus

Did a complite system scan and no viruses

Same errors and the same afd.sys uTorrent.exe was also in the mix but not cited as the cause. Still it is interesting that this executible is listed in all your minidumps.

First, it could very well be your wireless card itself is bad and no amount of drivers will help that.

Second, try uninstalling uTorrent first befoore getting a card. Tell us if that brings stability.

I am using a AMD ASUS machine.
I have bought new Audion Sound Card hardware. I install it on system. That time system worked fine. After word I tried to install new Xp on system but a blue screen comes up with the error

STOP: 0x0000007B (OxF8968640, 0xC0000034, 0X00000000, 0x00000000)

I try after removing this H/w also but same problem is coming...

Can any one help me.............

Thanks....

Yeah had only truble with this wireless card in my laptop. Well i put in cable and turned off the wirless mode so if a blue screen doesn't come up like this off he goes to servis.

i'll keep you in informed

Ok have been running my notebook on cable now and no blue screen for the whole day so it seems to be the wirless card

Of to service it goes then:)

Thx for the help helped me for the seconed time now

You're most welcome. :) Keep us updated on whether or not the a new wireless card corrects the issue.

Bsod

helo i once got rly good help from you guys and i'm afraid i need it again

its started to pop up again yestrday and i can't stop it pls help i'll give you my mini dumps. pls try to help me as fast as possible because i need my computer for collage and its rly anoying

Thx

Are you using W-XP?

as you said that you wanted to know what was wrong. Well the network card needed to be changed but the sevice guys here just didn't belive it so 45 day passed and i got a brand new computer so now i'm running on a 8730w elite book with q9000 procc. So on the end it was good for me:) Well thx for the help m8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back