Help with internet explorer it is very very slow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jigaman

Hi,
I was wondering if anybody could help me, i use IE 8 beta and its very slow starting up, and especially slow when starting loading a web page , it is also very slow opening blank tabs. i have 1 meg. dsl line. and i am using windows Xp, all my software is updated and i have scanned for viruses and spyware.Below i have put HJT cos thats what everyone else with my problem seemed to be doing . Thanks

I'll go throught the log and help you with this but I will begin by saying:

1. You have way too many programs/processes starting up!
Go to Start> Run> type in 'msconfig' without quotes> enter> Selective Startup> Startup tab> UNCHECK everything Except the Kasperky antivirus and firewall, touchpad if laptop> Apply> OK> Reboot

You will get a nag message that you can just close after checking 'don't show this message again'. Stay in Selective Startup.

Tell me how much time you picked up!

And why are you running 5 IE processes?
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe

Thank you very much for your help, i shaved off about half the startup time. i only left a few startup processes running because either i wanted them to run or i didnt know what they did. i think the reason for the 5 IE process was because when i ran Hijack i might of had 5 tabs open in my browser but thats just a suggestion. any other advice you have especially with speeding IE up, i will be most gratful.

Thanks Jigaman
Ps. i attached a new HJT file after changes

I have grouped process according to their use and described most. If you aren't using the programs, each should be checked for removal by HijackThis, then on the reboot into Safe Mode, each should be UNCHECKED on Startup. If you do not use or plan to use any of ther, they should be uninstalled in Add/Remove Programs in the Control Panel and finally, the Services either chnaged to Manual or Disabled..
Please re-open HiJackThis and scan.*Check* the boxes next to all the entries listed below according to the information I gave about their use. To remove, check:
1. You are loading processes related to remote control of the system. If you are not actively using these processes, they should be stopped and/or removed. They are legitimate programs but should only have limited use:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\RemoteControlService.exe>> This is a legitimate process. ***Please see note at end>
O23 - Service: ITE Remote Control Service (ITECIRService) - ITE Tech. Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\RemoteControlService.exe
RemotelyAnywhere: RemotelyAnywhere is a remote administration and remote control applications for Windows.
C:\Program Files\LogMeIn\x86\RaMaint.exe
C:\Program Files\LogMeIn\x86\LogMeIn.exe
C:\Program Files\LogMeIn\x86\LMIGuardian.exe
O23 - Service: LogMeIn Maintenance Service (LMIMaint) - LogMeIn, Inc. - C:\Program Files\LogMeIn\x86\RaMaint.exe>>
O23 - Service: LogMeIn - LogMeIn, Inc. - C:\Program Files\LogMeIn\x86\LogMeIn.exe
CHECK all of the following for removal:
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MSConfig] C:\WINDOWS\PCHealth\HelpCtr\Binaries\MSConfig.exe /auto
O14 - IERESET.INF: START_PAGE_URL=http://www.asus.com
O18 - Protocol: bwfile-8876480 - {9462A756-7B47-47BC-8C80-C34B9B80B32B} - C:\Program Files\Logitech\Desktop Messenger\8876480\Program\GAPlugProtocol-8876480.dll
(This is the BackWeb updater. It is bundled with Logitech (and other) products, installed with their programs and makes frequent accesses to the internet. It checks for software upgrades from Logitech.It does not need to run and should be removed)

File Sharing or P2P sites constantly expose the system to adware/spyware and viruses. I encourage you to remove BitComet:
O8 - Extra context menu item: &D&ownload &with BitComet - res://C:\Program Files\BitComet\BitComet.exe/AddLink.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: &D&ownload all video with BitComet - res://C:\Program Files\BitComet\BitComet.exe/AddVideo.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: &D&ownload all with BitComet - res://C:\Program Files\BitComet\BitComet.exe/AddAllLink.htm
Now close all windows other than HiJackThis, then click Fix Checked. Close HiJackThis and reboot into Safe Mode:
Start> Run> tyoe in 'msconfig' without quotes> Selective Startup> Startup tab: IF you stopped these processes and are not actively using them, they should be UNCHEKED:
Any entry for Remote Control Service
Any entry for RemotelyAnywhere or LogMeIn
BitComet
Asus start up
Control Panel? Add/Remove Programs> UNINSTALL any of the following for which you have removed the running processes:
RemoteControl\Service
LogMeIn or RemotelyAnywhere
BitComet
Start> Run> services.msc> right click> Properties on each Service and set as follows:
RemoteControlService or ITECIRService> Disable
LogMeIn Maintenance Service > Manual or Disabbled
LogMeIn > Manual or Disabled

Search for each of the following files. IF found> right click> Delete. Please do this before the search: Tools> Folder Options> View tab> CHECK 'show hidden files ad folders'.
When through, go back and UNCHECK 'show hidden files and folders'.

Reboot the system into Normal Mode. You will get a nag message that you can close after checking 'don't show this message again'. Stay in Selective Startup.

***RemoteControlService.exe is able to record inputs. Therefore the technical security rating is 36% dangerous. There is an icon for this program on the taskbar next to the clock. The program has a visible window. There is no file information. The file is located in the Windows folder, but it is not a Windows core file.
*** Re: msconfig/auto:
Download a fix from Doug's site:
http://www.dougknox.com/xp/scripts_..._nomsconfig.htm

Please give system status.

thanks again Bobbye,
startup is much faster now, i did what u said, except for the logitech process as i would like to keep that running.
if theres anything else plz tell me.
Thanks Jigaman

i just realized a problem, maybe you could fix. the extra function buttons on my bluetooth logitech mouse no longer seem to work, after i completed the task in your last post.can u fix that i tried but they still don't work

thanks Jigaman

i just realized a problem, maybe you could fix. the extra function buttons on my bluetooth logitech mouse no longer seem to work, after i completed the task in your last post.can u fix that i tried but they still don't work
Since this is not about a mouse problem, try opening the Control Panel> Mouse> reset the button.

Keep in mind that you are using IE8, which as far as I know, is still in beta testing. Things will go wrong- that's what beta is about- finding and fixing problems!

Update Java:
Your version of Java is now outdated. Java vulnerabilities are commonly exploited by viruses so I strongly recommend you update. Click here to download the latest version of java ( Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 6.0 Update 10 ): http://java.com/en/download/manual.jsp
Please install it and then reboot your computer.

There is no malware in the log. But you still have unnecessary processes loading at start. NONE of these need to start on boot. That means they will run in the background. This uses resources you may want available for other features.
Please review them. If you agree, have HijackThis remove the processes and disable the programs. Change their Services from Automatic to Manual Startup type.

It is a part of iTunes music sharing or Adobe CS3 applications
C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
O23 - Service: Bonjour Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
,. just do a start> run> msconfig & disable it. Also, turn off the bonjour service (set to disabled).
Link for TurnOffBonjour in Post #8 here: http://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=556162&st=0
RocketDock is a smoothly animated, alpha blended application launcher. It provides a nice clean interface to drop shortcuts on for easy access and organization.
C:\Program Files\RocketDock\RocketDock.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [RocketDock] "C:\Program Files\RocketDock\RocketDock.exe"
LClock is a program that makes the Windows' clock look like a Windows Longhorn Clock.
C:\Program Files\LClock\LClock.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LClock] C:\Program Files\LClock\LClock.exe
Media detector for Picasa's automatic photo organizer
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\Run: [Picasa Media Detector] C:\Program Files\Picasa2\PicasaMediaDetector.exe (User 'SYSTEM')
Nokia PC Suite software connects your Nokia device to your Windows PC for fast file transfer and smooth synchronization.
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\Run: [Nokia.PCSync] C:\Program Files\Nokia\Nokia PC Suite 6\PcSync2.exe /NoDialog (User 'SYSTEM')
O23 - Service: ServiceLayer - Nokia. - C:\Program Files\PC Connectivity Solution\ServiceLayer.exe
The Crucial System Scanner automatically analyzes your computer memory information and suggests an upgrade that's guaranteed compatible. Maybe you did this scan once, but the process is still loading. Stop it.
O16 - DPF: {A90A5822-F108-45AD-8482-9BC8B12DD539} (Crucial cpcScan) - http://crucial.com/controls/cpcScanner.cab

To remove: Reopen HijackThis> scan> check each box for process you want removed.
When finished with all> close all windows other than HiJackThis, then click Fix Checked. Close HiJackThis and reboot into Safe Mode

To stop at Startup> use msconfig to UNCHECK

To disabled the Service or change to Manual: Start> Run> services.msc> click on the Service> change Startup type.

To uninstall programs you don't use, to include all versions of Java "except v7u10:
Control Panel> Add/Remove Programs> uninstall here.

When finished, reboot intoNormal Mode. Please give system status at this point.

sorry still havent had time to update java, but did everything else except for the clock and rocketdock as i want them.
thanks Jigaman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back