Help with Sound Blaster Audigy 2 and 5.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hiya. I seem to be having trouble with my Sound Blaster Audigy 2 Platinum. I'm running some Logitech Z-680's through it and gone through everything on the installation CD for the sound card. However I get no sound from the rear or center speakers and the sub when I try to calibrate them, all I hear is the two front. I've updated the drivers to the newest versions available to no avail. Also another thing that happens is when I run WinDVD 5 and I set the audio on that to 5.1, I am not able to hear dialogue. I can hear music and the background noise, but no dialogue. But when I play music on Winamp I can hear it through all my speakers. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

This is all in the Creative software, btw.

Make sure you don't have the speaker settings sync'd with the control panel, because it resets to 2 speaker mode. Also try enabling CMSS 2. Hearing no dialogue in DVDs indicates that the center speaker isn't being used.

I have a similiar problem with Audigy 2 ZS
Mircosoft Automatic Updates advised there was a "critical error" with Audigy (Creative Labs/Soundblaster) and provided a link for updating the drivers.

When I clicked on this link, it took me to Creative's site and instead of simply down loading updated drivers, proceeded to download Creative's verision of music player and other software.

When the download was completed, and the computer restarted, my normal audio players (ITunes, Music Match, or Windows Media Player) no longer worked and no sound.
CD's play, but no sound, and no system sound.

I have Windows XP Pro with Service Pak 2
Creative Lab's Audigy 2.ZS
Four external speakers and subwoofer from Logitic

I tried a number of things to restore my sound:
a. Downloaded latest drivers from Creative
b. Deleted the updates from Creative and downloaded originals drivers from CD
c. Let Windows Hardward Wizard attemp to install drivers
d. Went to Creatives Help Site and tried all of the listed solutions
e. Attempted to Restore to a date prior to downloading Creatives updates but Windows could not Restore.
f. Contacted Creatives Tech Support via email but they offered no help as the Sound Card is no longer under warranty.
g. Contacted the Pay for Service Creative Tech Support who did the following:
1. Deleted all of the files installed by the previous driver update from Creative.
2. Downloaded the latest drivers and installed them.
3. Check the Bios for correct setting (no option indicated for MotherBoard vs Soundcard available

The fixes from the Pay for Help desk at Creative resolved nothing.

I then tried all of the above again several times.
Then attempted to install drivers from my backup of my C drive, but no help.

It appears that Creative Labs has a problem with XP Pro, which my be why their software is not "signed".

I followed a number of other members' questions about a similar problem with missing software (drivers) for Multimedia Autio Controller.
I get the same error message from Device Manager as other members.

I would appreciate anyone who could help me to resolve this problem.

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back