Help with Windows not booting up

Status
Not open for further replies.
urgent help

My computer is roughly 1.5 years old. A friend helped me assemble it and it has worked fine until late. I went to turn it on this morning and the log up screen came on as well as the Windows XP loading screen, however, from there it failed miserably. The Monitor just said "No Signal" and after roughly 10 seconds it shut down by itself only to restart again. I chose reboot in normal windows mode, however the process just repeated itself. The computer is able to boot up fine in Safe Mode, however Safe Mode doesn't get me very far at all, and I choose to try again to restart it. Finally, after a ton of attempts I was able to have the computer reboot, only to have my friendly Microsoft Error Program to tell me there was a problem with my Graphics card. While trying to find out what the problem was the computer froze and I'm back to the drawing board. Can someone please e-mail me and tell me what possible solutions I have?

My Specs:
Motherboard: ASUS A7n8x ACPI
Graphics Card: Geforce4: Ti 4600

That was my previous problem, but I hope I corrected that by reseting the Jumpers on my motherboard, as instructed by a few of you. However, now I had to reconfigure the BIOS and XP won't boot up. I don't have a floppy drive, so I corrected that part, however, when I start up the Computer without the Initial XP loading screen it says it needs to be started up using the Boot disk. I don't have a boot disk, I've misplaced my XP CD, is there anyway I can bypass this?

E-mail: schneiderj@ripon.edu

for the record, when I run the startup in SafeMode it goes all the way through the logs until mup.sys, and then stops, If that is any help to anyone...

Thanks much

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back