How to improve FPS

jay508

ok here are my specs .

RAM 2.50GB
Processor AMD Anthlon 64 3700+ 2.21GHz
graphics card ATI Radeon 4670 DD3 1GB

what do i need to do to improve my FPS in a game?

ive tried playing on very low. and lowering the resolution. it does nothing

i play League of Legends on 31 FPS then it will drop 11-17 FPS later in game or so

Well lets see, you are using a single core, thats your main problem. a single core is good for light to mid games or older ones, but a single core even tho ok is not great. You need at least a dual core , a powerful one.

Your video card is alright, i had a 4670 with my what i am back using now a intel e3300 and it ran games great at high settings. You just need a better CPU thats all. Oh and your fram is fine, i have 2.5gb of ram myself and games work perfect.

Well lets see, you are using a single core, thats your main problem. a single core is good for light to mid games or older ones, but a single core even tho ok is not great. You need at least a dual core , a powerful one.

Your video card is alright, i had a 4670 with my what i am back using now a intel e3300 and it ran games great at high settings. You just need a better CPU thats all. Oh and your fram is fine, i have 2.5gb of ram myself and games work perfect.

ok cool because i just ordered more ram. so i will have 4Gs now.

and can you direct link me to a cheap but good processor?.

your saying anything with dual core? like intel? i have an AMD mother board so i need an dual AMD processor? if so names? websites?

Looks like that motherboard uses the old socket 756 for processors.
All the ones for sale new are socket AM2 or AM3. I doubt you will find any retailer selling socket 756 processors, and anyway there weren't any multi core processors for that socket. I'm afraid for much of an upgrade in fps you would probably have to upgrade your system. Which is a shame since you probably just ordered ram for it that wouldn't fit in a new machine.

To optimize your current system you could do a fresh install of the drivers for your graphics card. Even download a program like Ccleaner to make sure all the old driver files are removed. Download the latest driver for your 4670 from AMD.com. If you have had the computer for a long time a fresh install of the Operating System (if you can backup your data from the computers HD) could improve matters too, but in the end I think you are still going to be held back by the processor.

Looks like that motherboard uses the old socket 756 for processors.
All the ones for sale new are socket AM2 or AM3. I doubt you will find any retailer selling socket 756 processors, and anyway there weren't any multi core processors for that socket. I'm afraid for much of an upgrade in fps you would probably have to upgrade your system. Which is a shame since you probably just ordered ram for it that wouldn't fit in a new machine.

To optimize your current system you could do a fresh install of the drivers for your graphics card. Even download a program like Ccleaner to make sure all the old driver files are removed. Download the latest driver for your 4670 from AMD.com. If you have had the computer for a long time a fresh install of the Operating System (if you can backup your data from the computers HD) could improve matters too, but in the end I think you are still going to be held back by the processor.

my ram slots are DDR. im sure most motherboards have those slots. and my graphics card is pci express slot. so no worries on that either. can u link me to a motherboard with a good processor site? i have an Emachines T6534 and my ATI drivers are updated. my OS is recently freshed to vista.

and how do i know what motherboard fits my pc? do i need a new case as well?

Socket 939 is the chipset

If its 939 socket you may be able to find an athlon x2 chip if you look around.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

my ram slots are DDR. im sure most motherboards have those slots. and my graphics card is pci express slot. so no worries on that either. can u link me to a motherboard with a good processor site? i have an Emachines T6534 and my ATI drivers are updated. my OS is recently freshed to vista.

and how do i know what motherboard fits my pc? do i need a new case as well?

Socket 939 is the chipset

Ram slots are DDR but newer systems are using DDR2 and DDR3 which are different specifications. The little cuts in the bottom of the ram module are in different places to prevent the wrong type from being put into the wrong slot.

Socket 939 is very slightly newer than 756, it was a replacement for it. Although all new AMD based systems use socket AM2, AM2+ or AM3. So even though I guessed at the wrong socket type you will still struggle to find a replacement processor, and even if you do find one it won't be much of an upgrade.

Motherboards are generally of two different form factors(sizes). These form factors include specification of where mounting points for the motherboard and many other standards.

There are two major ones ATX and mATX(or M-ATX). The first is the usual size found in most PCs. As long as your case is for ATX motherboards then any newer motherboard will fit into it. M-ATX is Micro ATX and a smaller size but can still be fitted into a larger ATX case. So you should be able to use the existing case but might need a new Power Supply Unit(PSU) depending on the wattage of the one you have. Most modern systems require at least 400-500w.

You are probably best looking for an AM3 motherboard and an AMD Phenom II X2 or X4 processor if you are working on a budget. I'd link a site but I'm in the UK so use sites based here so might not be of any use to you. Many US residents favor newegg.com for hardware purchases so you could check that out.

Reading the games requirements it says its recommended to have a 3ghz processor and at least a Geforce 8800 or better. I think you should do some reading about the game and try their own forums. It might not even take advantage of a dual or quad core CPU.

newegg is a good place, can you shop there?
as for your case, its find, just buy a micro atx MB and you will be just fine.

Ram slots are DDR but newer systems are using DDR2 and DDR3 which are different specifications. The little cuts in the bottom of the ram module are in different places to prevent the wrong type from being put into the wrong slot.

Socket 939 is very slightly newer than 756, it was a replacement for it. Although all new AMD based systems use socket AM2, AM2+ or AM3. So even though I guessed at the wrong socket type you will still struggle to find a replacement processor, and even if you do find one it won't be much of an upgrade.

Motherboards are generally of two different form factors(sizes). These form factors include specification of where mounting points for the motherboard and many other standards.

There are two major ones ATX and mATX(or M-ATX). The first is the usual size found in most PCs. As long as your case is for ATX motherboards then any newer motherboard will fit into it. M-ATX is Micro ATX and a smaller size but can still be fitted into a larger ATX case. So you should be able to use the existing case but might need a new Power Supply Unit(PSU) depending on the wattage of the one you have. Most modern systems require at least 400-500w.

You are probably best looking for an AM3 motherboard and an AMD Phenom II X2 or X4 processor if you are working on a budget. I'd link a site but I'm in the UK so use sites based here so might not be of any use to you. Many US residents favor newegg.com for hardware purchases so you could check that out.

Reading the ]games requirements it says its recommended to have a 3ghz processor and at least a Geforce 8800 or better. I think you should do some reading about the game and try their own forums. It might not even take advantage of a dual or quad core CPU.

do you use any chat programs? maybe we can talk on there
skype? yahoo. msn, AIM

Back