the pecs:

mobo: Gigabyte GA-MA790fx-dq6 with latest bios update
PROC: amd phenom 9950 black edition
MEM : twinmos 4gb ddr2 800mhz dual channel
Coolinf fan: gigabyte 3d rocket 2
graphic cards: 2 X gigabyte 3870 HD crossfire
HDD: samsung 160gb sata
casing: thermaltake sunami

we tried to oc the processor to 3.0ghz...it went well for 1 day. the next day the pc didnt start and we had had to clear the bios...

we can only oc to 2.8ghz...even if we use the soft amd overdrive...we just cant push it over 2.8ghz

but ive read in other forum that individuals have easily reached 3.0ghz and other have even reached 3.8ghz

can someone help us? is there any prob with the specs?

Overclocking ability is determined by CPU, motherboard, memory and power supply. Is your memory set at 1.8 volts? I have seen this processor run at 3.0GHz but not 3.8GHz. You might have to change your memory type from 800 to 1066MHz to overclock higher. Are you running Vista? What wattage and model is your power supply?

its an antec trupower 550w powersupply and the memory are 800mhz i dont know the voltage

but with the same memory i can overclock an intel dual core based pc,

i have another pc with mid-end hardware except for the mobo which is an abit fatality motherboard + intel dual core 1.6ghz

with same memory i oc from 1.6 to 2.2ghz without crashing the pc. i can even oc to 2.6ghz but the processor starts to overheat so i keep it at 2.2ghz

i dont understand why with the amd phenom i can oc to 3.0ghz...

The memory voltage requirements vary from motherboard to motherboard. Raising or lowering the voltage just a bit, can greatly improve overclocking and overall stability. What is your operating system?

i have windows vista 64bit...i oc to 3.0ghz without changing the voltage and its working....
but i dont know why in farcry 2 or latest crysis it lag a little bit when i enable smart shader...

i thougt that overclocking the pc would resolve the prob...but it didnt

Once again, raise or lower the memory voltage just a little at a time to see if the game lags improve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back