PC freezes often when performing certain tasks

Hello everyone, my cousin asked me to build a PC for him, and I did it a few months ago, it was actually my first time doing it from scratch.

This is the config:

MOBO: Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 (rev. 6.0)
VGA: Nvidia GTX 750Ti
CPU: AMD FX 6300
PSU: Corsair cx500 80 plus (500w)
HD: Seagate SATA 3,5´ 1TB
RAM: 2x Kingston 4GB 1333Mhz DDR3 CL9

I had some doubts while installing the pc but overall it was quite easy and everything went fine, but after I installed w10, all the drivers, etc. my cousing reported me that when he tried to play some games like Plants vs Zombies GW2, and > installing < Crossfire, the pc just freezes and he has to press the physical button in order to shutdown and turn it on again, and it happens every single time, I've ran some tests like memtest, hd tests, and even amd overdrive stability test and it pointed me no errors, also, the temperature is fine in most of the time it freezes (CPU 40~60ºC and VGA 40~50ºC) and that's why I'm asking you guys, I ran out of ideas, the only thing I didn't try yet is reinstalling the BIOS driver even tough the pc already has the latest release installed, and I'm gonna do it on saturday.

OBS: I've just installed windows 7 with all the updated drivers, and the issue is still there.

Example of situations that he told me that the pc freezes.
Every single time: When running PvZ:GW2, running crossfire setup wizard
Sometimes: A while after playing LoL, Rocket League, minecraft
Almost never: browsing (I think it just happened once)

I'm sorry for any spelling and/or grammar mistakes, I'm brazilian and english is not my native language haha

I would not fiddle BIOS if I had latest already installed and system works...more likely to be RAM - https://www.techspot.com/downloads/6216-memtest86.html - run overnight 7-8 passes.

Check all connections.

"When running PvZ:GW2, running crossfire setup wizard" - you only have one card so crossfire shouldn't work - or maybe its some other crossfire... If I had a certain fail bit od software, I would check all related forums and also confirm my system was internally consistent and compatible - sounds like it is not, so double check compatible components on motherboard maker site..

Your English is hugely better than my Portuguese.

Back