hp compaq presario v3256tu audio drive "help"

Status
Not open for further replies.
i bought an Compaq Presario V3256TU Notebook PC two days ago... it was previously installed with dos.. so i formated it and installed xp professional (service pack 2).

when i bought the laptop they did not provide any mainboard cd. so, i tried to download the drivers of this product and couldn't find the audio drive...

i tried so many websites and the compaq and hp site too.. but no luck yet..

i found this forum and read through it and found a conversation between two users about the same issue...

so if any one can help me through this, i will be greatful to him/her. pls... help me with this drive..

"this laptop has an intel celeron processor"

The Compaq Presario V3256 uses the Conexant high definition audio drivers that are automatically installed with a Windows XP install.
You may want to look in Control Panel -> System -> Hardware -> Device Manager to see what it says about audio drivers. You might also want to check your BIOS to see what it says about audio.
If those are working, you can find acceptable drivers at www.driverguide.com and other driver sites, as well as on the Conexant site.

compaq presario

i think i got the sound drive but i cannot hear the music. only mouse clicking sound are heard.

i the device manager another drive is not available. "high definition audio bus".

is this different from the sound drive.... and i have tried to find this bus drive and could not find it...

so, if anyone knows from were i can find this bus drive.. pls let me no

Compaq presario V3256TU notebook Audio Driver Problem-Fix

Dear friend,
Recently I purchased a V3256TU notebook computer and had the same problem with audio driver. The correct fix according to HP Compaq technical team is as follows.

Before installing the Audio and modem drivers in your Notebook you have to install the microsoft update(UAA) driver from the below link:
UAA driver: ftp://ftp.compaq.com/pub/softpaq/sp31501-32000/SP31994.exe

After installing this, download and install the audio driver from the following link:
Audio driver: ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp33501-34000/sp33543.exe

Installing this driver may result in an error. But continue with the following steps to get the audio driver installed correctly.

1. Click on Start and select Run. Now type devmgmt.msc and press enter.

2. Right click on "Audio device on High Definition Audio Bus" and click Update driver.

3. Select "Install from a list or specific location".

4. Click Next. Then select "Don't search, I will choose the driver to install".

5. Click Next and then select "Sound, video and game controller" from the list.

6. Click Next and then click Have Disk.

The above steps would install the Audio driver successfully.

Hope this helps the problems of our friends onboard, who have the audio driver problem with Compaq Presario V3256TU notebook.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back