HP desktop power on issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi this is tony, i am haveing problems with my hp, pavilion 6830 it comes on with power but will not create a bios screen the screen is blank. I am running windows xp profesional i rebooted and the computer it will not respond to any input or will not create any screen i have checked all conections and all are ok. Greatest respects and please help with possible repair procedures.

To start trouble shooting your issue I would recommend disconnecting all of your peripherals. Only leave your video card connected at first. Take out all of your RAM also. you should get some error message or 3 beeps indicating a RAM issue. If you hear the three beeps (depending on your Motherboard this could be different) then insert a stick of RAM. start the computer and see if it boots. If it does boot, then add another stick of RAM if you removed it, reboot and see if it boots. If it does not boot, then you have a bad memory module. If the system does not boot with the first stick of RAM replace it with the other stick of RAM.

If all works, then connect your peripherals one at a time until your system no longer boots. If all boots fine after you connect all of your peripherals, then it could be something was not seated properly.

Good luck!

Antil0ck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back