HP laptop screen issue

andymac26

[FONT=Segoe UI]I've had a HP dv6 laptop for close to a year now and have had zero issues up until the last week. I've noticed when watching videos in fullscreen for even a short period of time the contrast for the screen goes right up up when the video is exited, basically if I watch something and then minimise it whatever is behind it is almost unreadable, such as the standard chrome bar up top looks almost one solid, bright colour, after 5 to 10 seconds its back to how it should look. [/FONT]
[FONT=Segoe UI]It's also a LED display[/FONT]

[FONT=Segoe UI]Anybody have a similar situation or know what the problem could be?[/FONT]

[FONT=Segoe UI]Thanks[/FONT]
[FONT=Segoe UI]Andy[/FONT]

Depending on what program you use for watching videos it may just be bugging up, but also it may be that the program is infected in some way. Have you tried a virus scan?

I've tried it with vlc and gom player and it does the same thing. I do a weekly virus scan that never picks up anything. Alot of tv shows and movies these days are set quite dark so could there be some driver feature that realises similar tones and adjusts itself on the fly and takes a while to readjust itself after the file is exited

When it becomes an issue where the problem can be either/or software based or hardware based, more difficult to solve. If you have many process's and have multiple windows open just the amount of ram consumed can cause your problem.

I have issues that are similar to yours but I'm running many RAM hungry applications and listening to music or video while I work.

What you can try is down load a program like Kill Process (freeware) from orangelampsoftware.com or some other program, use it to kill all unnecessary background programs to free up RAM and see if the problem continues. Then it becomes easier to point a suspect like heat (hardware) and such.

Back