I cannot increase my voltage, r9 280 3g

treetops

I am using the card below, I OC to 1145 core, 1500 memory and +20 power limit. However I cannot increase the voltage, so far it is stable. I'v known about but never OC before, so I just have to ask, is it ok to over clock if I cannot increase the voltage? Or this like a big no no and could hurt my card?

To OC I just increased by 20 each time ran a game for about 10 minutes with a blue ray vlc video in the background. If I had no artifacts I increased it by 20 until I hit 1455, in wich I got some artifacts, so I turned it down 10. Ran 3dmark for about 15 minutes, had no art and left it at that. For the memory I did the same thing but I stopped at 1500 because I wanted to ask this question about he volts.

I plan to test it further with prime95 and a few hours of gaming.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...p=&AID=10446076&PID=6146978&SID=1hjgmwqv8idmt

p.s. why dont I just max the fan instead of auto? Will it kill the lifespan of my GPU fans? On auto they never go above 50 but iv seen my gpu hit 85c

Last edited:
It will not kill the gpu that fast maybe in 5 to 7 years, and how long do u intend to use it?

It will not kill the gpu that fast maybe in 5 to 7 years, and how long do u intend to use it?
Maybe 5 years tops, I cannot change the voltage by

1. Clicking the unlock voltage settings in the settings.
2. Editing afterburner .cfg file
3. Editing afterburner in the registry.

Iv given up for now, it seems my cpu is bottle-necking me atm anyways. I might just stick to standard mnfer OC mode until I get a better cpu or until I can manage a nice OC on my CPU.

Back