I can't open www.excite.com, help

Status
Not open for further replies.
So i finally cleared my computer of all viruses and everthing else it was infected with but now i still have 2 problems:

1.for some reason internet explorer will not open www.excite.com but every other site i tryed works. It won't even let me open it throught a search engine it just prenteds like nothing is there if i type in www.excite.com

2.when i search for items through a search engine and i click on a result it automaticly goes to www.web-prayers.com thing and won't let me see the result.

Please Help!!!

thanks

Hi,

You still have spyware on your computer.

You should also being using Firefox or Opera browser

for general surfing.

The spyware removal thread is HERE - follow it carefully.

If you have removed everything and your sure (even posted a Highjackthis log on your 'i'm infected' thread and people in the know say your good to go) then I suggest you look at your firewall / Router as the culprit.

Run CCleaner that will clear out any remnants of spyware from IEs cache.

Go into Tools/Internet options/Security/Restricted sites and check excite.com

is not in there

You also need a good firewall like Comodo or Kerio.

And you have too many real time anti spyware programs running.

Disable Pest patrol or Ad-aware or AVG antispyware.

I can't open excite.com either!

I am having the EXACT same problem as the other person who cannot access Excite. Not only can I not open my mail, but I can't open ANY page on the Excite website. It just sits there like I've done nothing at all. I don't even get the White error page to let me know it tried to access it. It just sits there. This means I can't access their Help Desk to see if they are having problems with the website. This has been going on for almost a week now.

In addition, I cannot access it on my home computer OR my work computer, so I don't think it is a virus or spyware or a firewall problem. Besides I have repeatedly run my virus scan and every spyware checker out there. Nothing fixes this problem.

Can someone out there try to access Excite's website and see if you can get in? If you can, can you access Help and see if there is something posted about this problem? Or can you give me their Help's email address or phone number so I can ask them personally?? Thanks!!!

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

As has already been said by Po`Girl. Your system is infected with spyware etc.

You have two choices. Either reformat or follow the instructions below.

Very Important: Before deciding whether you should clean or reformat your system, go and read this thread HERE and decide what it is you want to do.

If after reading the above, you wish to clean your system, do the following.

Go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT, AVG Antispyware and Combofix logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Also, let me know the results of the Panda Antirootkit scan.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of keller only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Excite doesn't Open anymore...

It is Spybot Search and Destroy... A customer of mine has the same problem and I do too. I do not have any spyware like previously posted nor any viruses. Also it is not in the restriced site's though that helped guide me to the problem. In Internet Explorer click Tools, Spybot Search and Destroy Configuration. On the Settings Tab drop the list down from "Block bad pages silently "Ask for blocking conforma"ti

Getting into Excite web pages

I just redid my computer with a brand new copy of Windows XP Pro. I also installed Firefox afterwards. I couldn't get into my homepage for excite. So I did some research and found out the following:

Allowing Excite.com in Internet Explorer

Go to Tools, Internet Options, Tab Privacy, Sites and remove excite Always block line. You should then be able to get onto excite on IE.

Allowing Excite.com in Firefox

Go to Tools, Options, Tab Privacy, click on Exceptions and remove excite block line. You should then be able to get onto excite on Firefox

If after doing both of these and can't still get in and you have Spybot do the following:

Go to top of Spybot and click on Mode, then click on Advanced Mode. On left click on settings. Then on left, click on Ignore products and then look
for excite and put a check mark next to excite.

You should now be able to get into excite!

Go to Cookies in Firefox under options and find excite.com and click the Remove Site button. Do not click the Allow button as there are cases on record of the app resetting itself when you restart.

Path is Tools>Options>Privacy tab>Cookies section>>Exceptions>>scroll and find excite.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back