I don't have L3 Cache...O.O?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KaitenV

Yo, I've posted here twice about my video problems, but I've somewhat overcome them (No content is sent to the screen sometimes, so I have to click the reset button), and am having several problems installing Windows Vista RC1. I get this error: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=329284 before it installs, so I investigated my bios. Within my bios I saw "L3 Cache Enabled," however, I don't think I have anything like that, so I disabled it, and now instead of a blue screen after it loads files form the disk, it stops at the black one were the green bar should go back and forth -.-. Please help, I've been trying to fix this PC since last Thursday, and need it for my work.

EVGA 256-P2-N615-TX GeForce 7600GT 256MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card

A-DATA 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model ADQVE1A16K

Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 Conroe 1.86GHz LGA 775 Processor Model BX80557E6300

MB ECS NFORCE 570 SLIT-A V5.1 775

POWER SUPPLY CMAX500W CR-550B BKRT

CASE ANTEC|P180B BLACK RT

Super Old LITE-ON DVD ROM

[Not installed] Linksys network card

Would I be better off just tossing all of my NTFS partitions and going to Linux, or just giving up all in all? ='(

I do intend to buy Windows Vista Home Pre., but I'm just not in a position to do that now. Ubuntu seems to be installing, but I've yet to boot into it.

Hmmm, the only CPU's I know of that come with L3 Cache would be the older Pentium II (or I) :suspiciou ...what are your system specs?

Anyway, this is straight from Microsoft themself or itself (;)):

Microsoft said:
This behavior occurs because your computer processor detected and reported an unrecoverable hardware error to Windows XP. To do this, the processor used the Machine Check Exception (MCE) feature of Pentium processors or the Machine Check Architecture (MCA) feature of some Pentium Pro processors. The following factors may cause this error message: • System bus errors
• Memory errors that may include parity or Error Correction Code (ECC) problems
• Cache errors in the processor or hardware
• Translation Lookaside Buffers (TLB) errors in the processor
• Other CPU-vendor specific detected hardware problems
• Vendor-specific detected hardware problems

What do you mean system specs? I posted the hardware I brought. :p
The motherboard has an FSB of 1066.7 and the RAM is clocked at 677 of 800.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back