I have to uninstall/install my drivers each time to get sound

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

Im desperate! Any help would be so appreciated! Here goes.

I recently installed a new video card. IN order to get to the video card, I had to take out my sound card. Once everything was put back in place. I had no sound. So, I uninstalled and re installed all the drivers, etc. And this worked. Sounds perfect. Until....

When I turn off the computer and come back to turn it on. I have no sound. The irritating part is that I need to uninstall the drivers again, shut down, re install the drivers after it recognizes the hardware and I have sound again. This happens each time I turn off the computer. Now.... once I get the sound going, and I try to restart, Once the computer starts up and I get the usual windows noise it cuts off half way and then again, there is no sound, until I uninstall and then shutdown and re install the drivers, etc. Can anyone help me with this? Here is what I have for my computer.

DFI Motherboard NB70-SC (Socket 478)
Pentium 4 Socket 478 Processor @ 1.6 Ghz 566 mhz FSB
Sound Blaster Audigy 5.1 surround sound card PCI
Maxtor 100 Gb HDD 7200 RPM
BFG 6200 NVidia Geforce 256 MB DDR w/ DirectX 9.0c 8x AGP

Im running XP professional

BTW. I have no idea how to over clock either... Can anyone give me pointers on how to do this w/ what I have. I didnt build this, im a real novice w/ computers, but im learning... Again, any help would be so much apprciated! Thanks so much!!!

~Dole~

Install the sound card in a PCI slot far from the one it's in, download different versions of your sound/video drivers, install them both in Safe Mode. Install your latest chipset drivers.

There are loads of articles on overclocking around, try searching Google or Yahoo for "overclocking guide" etc.

Thanks for the message. I tried what you suggested, and still nothing. As soon as I reset the computer. Still no sound. Any other suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back