I need a new video card.. where do i begin..? Help Please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, i havent been keeping up with all the new pc parts and graphics cards. Now im lookin at getting a new one and its like woa... theres 1000 of them. Right now i have a Nvidia Geforce 3 Ti 500, the reason i am upgrading is the cooling fan broke.. and ive been looking for an excuse to upgrade for a while.. i just dont know what to go with? Whats out there? Im looking to get the best graphics possible but still keep the price under 200? Is that possible? I could post my system specs if that would help at all?? If i get a better card will the grpahics difference really be noticeable, or only on newer games? Thanks guys

please post your specs, and with a 200 dollars budget i would ieht ergo with the 6600 gt or a 9800 pro or xt *pro can overclock to a xt*

post your specs and we will see wat card you need

and do you want your games all to run on high settings or medium settings or wat not

Well its a HP, 1 ghz processor, 386 meg ram, windows xp,.. um i really dunno what else to put down? Anymore info you guys need?

i wouldnt buy a 200 dollar graphics card for that system. you should either buy a low end grpahics card maybe the 9600 xt for 100*256 mb agp* or upgrade or buy a new computer

1ghz processor, hello, if you stick a 9800 pro you wont see a major difference, it;s just bottlenecking, go for a 9600 xt, or upgrade your processor if you can. i would go with 512 more ram or 256 cause you need at least 512mb of ram total

ya you have a point there but if he gets the 9800 he will just have to upgrade his processor/mobo in the future and then he would have an ok gaming rig

actully i would upgrade my mobo and processor first rather then upgrading my graphics card, if you plan on gaming, you wont be able to play any of the games cause your procsesor is 1 and the minimum is around 1.5 or someting, i would upgrade my processor, ram ,the video card. if you dont want to upgrade your ram or processor go for a cheap card, like a 5200, or 9550 i dunno any cheap cards?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back