I Need help with my Lexmark X73

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got this used printer from a neighbor and went and bought two new ink cartridges (staples remanufactured brand) the black works fine but it will not print in color. I got it to one time when i scanned a picture and printed it out. but now it won't do that in color either. I phoned the tech support and the guy said that this machine will not work with the staples remanufactured brand of ink. does anyone know if this is true?

sandyc said:
I just got this used printer from a neighbor and went and bought two new ink cartridges (staples remanufactured brand) the black works fine but it will not print in color. I got it to one time when i scanned a picture and printed it out. but now it won't do that in color either. I phoned the tech support and the guy said that this machine will not work with the staples remanufactured brand of ink. does anyone know if this is true?

Its true what the Tech says, some of the cheaper brands of ink are to thick to pass throuugh the nozzles of the ink head. Its a problem we face all the time in my job.

You could try buying the lexmark brand of cartridge and then running the print head cleaning routine that is found in the print control section of the printer properties and see if that helps, however if the cheap ink has dried and blocked the ink nozzle then it will be hard to get it working, when this happens it will require the nozzles being removed and cleaned with a cleaning solution, this is not an easy job and is best left to experts.

My advice is to scrap the printer, I dont know if you are in the UK, but here I see printers all the time for sale on car boots and computer fairs for around £30.

Regards

You can always use it as a door stopper, or give it its first flying lesson (out the window).
Lexmark/Dell printers are a total waste, the only thing cheap about them is the buying price. The upkeep for a cartridge set costs more than the whole printer.
Dell especially are the biggest printer-scammers (and Lexmark=Dell)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back